Breaking News: Big Trouble with the Watchtower

by Bethelite Elder 159 Replies latest jw friends

• Bethelite Elder
    Bethelite Elder

A couple of weeks ago, an ex-Bethelite(10 years) by the name of Mel Smith was disfellowshipped. I understand that he still lives in NY are and has a mortgage company. Evidently, he was hurt while serving at the Farm and Watchtower did some horrible things to him. Now there is a major legal issue and they disfellowshipped him so as to discredit him among the rank and file. I hear that he is very sharp and was offered a major book deal. On top of that, he is being sort to appear on Oprah and 48 hours. I am unsure if he will agree to do it, although I think it would be awesome.

Here is how they took him out. The chairman/ PO sent him a certified letter with a blank sheet of paper inside; to supposedly invite him to a Judicial Committee. A week later he received a vist by two brothers, informing him that he was disfellowshipped for not attending the Judicial Meeting (that the certified letter supposedly contained an invitation). I have never heard of something so crazy.

He has tons of letters and facts about the society that would blow your mind. He even has letters where some of the Brothers at Bethel that handled his case apologized for doing him wrong when he had surgery and laughing at him while in pain. The Brother that signed the one letter is an assistant to the Branch Committee. This is the same guy that was on his Judicial Committee. I just hope he speaks out, so that people can see the real truth. This is the worst story I have ever heard in regards to the Religious Order of Jehovah's Witnesses.

P.S. In the last year he had been invited to 5 Judicial Committees from the Watchtower that all were proven wrong, and so the played the old O K Dokey and forced him out.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Too bad so much of this account is unverifiable.

How VERY Watchtower.

Oh well, hope he is able to get some public exposure provided he's credible and not foaming-at-the-mouth.

Thanks for the update.

om

• Spook
    Spook

Love to hear some details.

• Farkel
    Farkel

If the story is true, it is nothing to get twisted knickers about until it becomes public. Otherwise, we will look just like JW gossipers. I won't stoop to that level and speculate until I see some verified evidence.

It's not that I don't believe you, either. It's just me. By the way, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the story proves to be true. The WTS is like that and renegade elders are very often like that, too.

Farkel

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Thanks for sharing that! I hope some exposure comes from it. I would love for Oprah and/or 48hrs, Dateline, Sesame Street to do a piece on the WTS. Keep us posted if you hear any more details. Thanks

Singning out

TD

• JWoods
    JWoods

Maybe original poster could fill this in with more detail? For example - what really were the DF charges? Surely that much at least is known, if they tried to have five committee meetings.

What dirt did he have on them - or is this just a pissing match over job injury and work comp?

Very mysterious, it would seem...

• White Dove
    White Dove

Sounds possible but without evidence, it's just a story. I'm looking forward to hearing more about it with substantiated proof of the story.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

I thought Bethel workers were covered by medical insurance ?

This topic came up a couple of days ago, on what happens to people who severely hurt themselves working at the WTS. farms and manufacturing.

Obviously the WTS does not have workers compensation insurance for people that suffer long term injuries.

If a situation did occur that you were unable to work outside of the WTS. due to permanent injuries, this could very well

ruin a persons entire life. You would have to count on family if you had to look after you for the rest of your life.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

When some are put out they are so angry they lie.....this could be true but like with the garrido case, it was on tv lastnight and he nor his wife were JW, although some had claimed they were. Lies will always be spread about us, but we take it on the chin.

Yes i no there are some truths but not all.

• watson
    watson

Sounds like you are trying to imtimidate the WTS by posting this vague story on a site that you know is monitored by the Bethel "Internet Police." Pretty shrewd.

Maybe I'm wrong. Convince me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit