MAJESTIC ones of the flock

by VIII 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• VIII
    VIII

Ok, I'll give it the old college try:

"This is what Jehovah of armies has said, ‘Look! A calamity is going forth from nation to nation, and a great tempest itself will be roused up from the remotest parts of the earth . 33 And those slain by Jehovah will certainly come to be in that day from one end of the earth clear to the other end of the earth. They will not be bewailed, neither will they be gathered up or be buried. As manure on the surface of the ground they will become.'

A calamity is going forth from nation to nation---Obviously that is the Swine Flu. You know, H1N1. Good try Jah, but they came up with a Vaccine. Hah, gottcha.

a great tempest itself will be roused up from the remotest parts of the earth--I'm thinking Tsunami in Samoa. How about you? Remote, great tempest, all the makings of Tsumani.

33 And those slain by Jehovah will certainly come to be in that day from one end of the earth clear to the other end of the earth.---Well, people do die. And like *We* apostates believe, once you're dead, you're dead. I mean, that's it. SY-O-NAR-AH.

They will not be bewailed, neither will they be gathered up or be buried. As manure on the surface of the ground they will become.'--Kinda sad, washed out to sea and all. I'm guessing they are, what, shark bait? Yeah, that must be it. Too bad.

34 "Howl, YOU shepherds, and cry out! And wallow about, YOU majestic ones of the flock, because YOUR days for slaughtering and for YOUR scatterings have been fulfilled, and YOU must fall like a desirable vessel!--Hmmm, I'm going to have to go with: I'm being told I'm a shepard, only I don't own any sheep, so I must be a vegetarian now. Now, as for a desirable vessel---Yes I can!!! Yes I am!!! See, I knew I could do this!

35 And a place to flee to has perished from the shepherds, and a means of escape from the majestic ones of the flock.---I will remain on my mountain and await further instructions from my Klingon warrior. Klingon warriors existed when the bible was written, didn't they? I'll hug my sheep to keep warm.

36 Listen! The outcry of the shepherds, and the howling of the majestic ones of the flock, for Jehovah is despoiling their pasturage.--Thank goodness I brought ear-plugs. I don't want to listen to anyone howling, I need my beauty sleep god-dammit.

37 And the peaceful abiding places have been rendered lifeless because of the burning anger of Jehovah.---So, a wildfire was started. Typical. Could have been someone smoking and throwing out a lighted cigarette, or, could have been the Santa Ana winds. We may never know.

38 He has left his covert just like a maned young lion, for their land has become an object of astonishment because of the maltreating sword and because of his burning anger."---Finally, the wildfire is over. Acres and acres of land burned. And the coyotes, they are everywhere. If you don't look closely, they look like lions. Put on your glasses you idiot.

There now, see, this breaking down the bible stuff is fun. Can we do it again? Do you have more?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Just one comment:

Religions always need fear-tools. Your Bible is full of them.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

"Do what I say or bad things will happen!"

Sounds like extortion to me. Doing all of the "Christian" things is no different than paying a mobster "Protection Money" to ensure bad things don't happen to you.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I have always thought that this refers to the religious leaders of Christendom. Of course there are ones who take the lead in the WTS that fit the same description.

But the WT94 3/1 pp. 22-23 par. 22 states: "Who are these shepherds? They are not the religious leaders, who have already drunk of Jehovah’s anger. They are the militaristic shepherds, described also at Jeremiah 6:3, who assemble their armies in droves in defiance of Jehovah. They are the political rulers, who have grown rich at the expense of the ruled. Many of these are wheeler-dealers, masters of corruption. They have been slow to assuage the famines that have decimated entire peoples in disadvantaged lands. They enrich “the majestic ones of the flock,” such as armaments barons and greedy destroyers of the environment, while declining to provide the medical help and nourishing food that could at so little cost save tens of millions of dying children."

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

PJS, how could you think JWs are Jehovah's messengers? Does he use false prophets as his messengers?

• sir82
    sir82
    34 "Howl, YOU shepherds, and cry out! And wallow about, YOU majestic ones of the flock, because YOUR days for slaughtering and for YOUR scatterings have been fulfilled, and YOU must fall like a desirable vessel!

Sounds like a pretty strong warning to those who consider themselves to be "shepherds" and "majestic ones".

Hmm, I wonder who fits that description? Umm, don't rush me...it would have to be someone who says "we alone are directed by God's holy spirit....we alone are God's mouthpiece...we alone have oversight of all of Christ's belongings....obeying us is the same as obeying Jehovah....those who do not obey us are to eternally destroyed...."

I'm thinking this is a promise from Jehovah to devastate those who presume to speak for him but really only are interested in thir own glory and power.

Now what group of men fits that description?

Could it be...the Governing Body?

• Satanus
    Satanus

OT genocides. You should get your head out of jeremiah's ass and pull it into the 21st century.

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

Ok pj, a thousand or 1500 yrs closer. It's a step in the right direction. You have another 2000 yrs to go toget you to the present time. You might make it, eventually. Btw, are those looney visions supposed to scare me, or something?? They have absolutely no meaning for me. I have had some of my own that did have meaning, though.

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

Pj, you really need to get genocide out of your mind. It's not good for the spirit.

S

• megs
    megs

there's nuthin like a good smiting... whooo hoooo death... destruction... our "loving" father is coming to pay a visit!!!! yayayaya!!! "okay kids, I'm gonna make you all watch your loved ones die a horrible death because they didn't get their time in!"

What complete and utter rubbish...

Ye haa!!!! There was an earthquake, people DIED, our "loving" father is SO great!!! How awesome is THAT?! He showed us he's coming to pay a visit by killing random people!!!! This is SO exciting!

BS.

Why volunteer or take responsibility for your life when you can use religion as your panacea...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit