"Seeing the Light"

by JAVA 0 Replies latest jw friends

• JAVA
    JAVA

An interesting book will be published in March 2002 titled, This Dark World: A Memoir of Salvation Found and Lost, written by Carolyn Briggs. Salon.com has a short article by Briggs, called "Seeing the light," http://salon.com/mwt/feature/2001/12/21/fundamentalist/index.html Here is a paragraph from the article:

"I would not have killed anyone in the name of God, but beyond that important distinction between me and some fundamentalist extremists, I see very little difference. I feared and suspected those who believed in a God who was not my God. I knew I had the answer of the universe. I knew I was right about the path to God. And for years, I didn't doubt it, not for a minute. I didn't waver in the face of others who embraced another religion as fiercely as I. They were mistaken. They had been deceived by their own desires, their prejudice, their allegiance to the Father of Lies, Satan himself."

I thought some might find the Salon.com link worth reading, and I'm looking forward to the book when it comes out in March.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit