Mr Dedalus, married man

by dedalus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• dedalus
    dedalus

Foxy and I were married this Sunday in a small ceremony before family & friends. Yippie!

An observation: we hired a Justice of the Peace more or less at random from the phone book. The man couldn't have spent more than an hour with us total, including time on the phone. Yet the ceremony was more intimate and personal than many, many Witness ceremonies I've been to, where the elder performing it has known the couple for many years, sometimes all their lives.

Of course, our ceremony was actually about us getting married, and not a conversion sermon or "timely reminder" for those who attended. For one thing, we wrote and read our own vows, which went well and was pretty cool. Both of us mentioned our due-any-day-now daughter, who kicked throughout the ceremony. And the JP actually spoke for about 10 minutes or so, weaving a light discourse on marriage and love through the exchanging of the rings, reciting of vows, etc. (Nothing about "rendering the marriage due," ha ha! And nothing about woman being a helpmate to man. And nothing about Adam and freaking Eve!)

Anyway, Foxy kept her own last name. I didn't see any good reason for her to change it, and neither did she.

So that's my news ... will post baby pictures when the time comes.

Dedalus

• Tina
    Tina

(((((((((FOXY DED))))))))))))))))) My sincerest best wishes to both! luv,Tina

Vive Bene
    Spesso L'amore
    Di Risata Molto!!!

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Hey, I got married by a JP, too, and like you said, it was pretty nice. Short and to the point.

CONGRATS

ashi

• Angharad
    Angharad

CONGRATULATIONS FOXY & DEDALUS

• nelly136
    nelly136

Congratulations Mr & Mrs Ded,
    its lovely when an occassion can be made so
    personal and special, the last kh wedding
    I went to was the other type lol, lost count of
    how many times vessel and dues were mentioned
    made it sound like the blushing bride was just
    a pot to empty out into
    many best wishes and happiness for the future
    to you both,
    luv deb x

• oscartheduck
    oscartheduck

CAn I ask for some help in writing my vows, then? Our marriage (myself and my girlfriend) is due in January/February and we're writing our vows...

Congratulations, though, and my best wishes to you and your wife for the future.

============================
    The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126 "As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible "

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TimB

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

*teary eyed* woooooo hoooooooo! Love ya "little brother"!!!

Don't forget that Auntie Essie wants a real pic of Roo when she makes her grand entrance!!!

*hugs* and love to you and The New Mrs Dedalus :)

Essie

p.s. Hubby and I were married by a woman! Our ceremony was one of the most heartfelt I've ever been to. No timely reminders there either. And we did traditional vows and both wrote our own too. His had everone, including the justice of the peace crying LOL. What a guy :)

• Mum
    Mum

Congratulations! Best Wishes! Good on you for choosing your own path.

Seize the day, and put the least possible trust in tomorrow. - Horace

I have learned to live each day as it comes and not to borrow trouble by dreading tomorrow. - Dorothy Dix

• Adonai438
    Adonai438

Congrats & God bless!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit