Let's Welcome LifeIsTooShort to the Board

by snowbird 20 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

Post #1

My husband insisted that we go to the doors even if they had no trespassing sings. We have had guns drawn on us and shot up in the air. Scarred the hell out of me but my husband would still go back because that was what Jehovah demanded of us and we did not know for sure if they really meant that they truly did not want us there they might have just been having a bad day. OH MY GOD.

When I look back at what I have been through in this religion I am so sad.

Post #2

That is the hardest thing for me right now to deal with is the sadness at what I lost. I married an elder at the age of 24 and all I did was sit in the car. No dinners together, no time together, no family. We pioneered and lived 45 minutes from the hall. We had no money and my husband could not take me home after the meetings so I sat in the car as the kingdom hall was so small that I could here the elders meetings. No one ever offered to take me home.

I am just so sad. I have quit going to the meetings but my husband still goes and still all the time he gives up and for what.

Poignant, isn't it?

Sylvia

• teel
    teel

Welcome aboard girl! Group hug! I know it isn't a consolation, but know that many have been through similar experiences, and can give support here to ya. My marriage is also having a difficult time due to what's called affectionately on this forum as the Borg.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Haven't seen her posts [other than the excerpts you provided here], but Welcome to the board LifeIsTooShort.

Jeff

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

Yes! Welcome! I wish I could take you for a coffee and a chat.

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

Welcome aboard LITS

• snowbird
    snowbird

Those are her total posts, A-K Jeff.

Thank y'all for making her feel at home.

Sylvia

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

welcome

• VIII
    VIII

Life is too short.

Welcome!

• BorgHater
    BorgHater

Welcome! You're right, life is too short to waste it serving the WTBTS. I'm glad you found this site, you will find plenty of support here

BorgHater x

• zoiks
    zoiks

All too familiar-sounding comments. Welcome.

zoiks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit