Odd things the anointed have done

by wouldacouldashoulda 11 Replies latest jw friends

• wouldacouldashoulda
    wouldacouldashoulda

Around a dozen years ago my congregation organised a "cong" party. All went well until out 80 year old anointed sister sang "Big Spender". I have never seen our cong so scared before.

What odd/scary things have you seen anointed people do in your vicinity?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8FlmXla0Pw

w

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

One I know got the calling in the 70,s and stopped having sex with his wife Said he was now a virgin

• blondie
    blondie

I take it this is not the 80-year old sister. Did she wear a similar outfit?

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Lou bou, hate to have been his wife....lol

Why would people be shocked that an elderly sister got up and sung a song? I would've clapped and thought it was great! Not sure on all the lyrics of that song, but, it was probably from her time, a song she knew well.

• Decided
    Decided

One died at the memorial here.

Ken P.

• BorgHater
    BorgHater

Wantstoleave - the reason everyone was shocked is because the song is from a musical where a group of hookers are singing about a client 'Hey Big spender, spend a little time with me.' Hehe

Lol I would have loved to see the looks on everyone's faces that day

BorgHater

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

This is certainly not a big thing but it was weird enough that I never forgot it. One Sunday my family visited a different congregation. Mother was called on to read a scripture. The conductor asked her to read "verses twenty-six and seven." Mother misunderstood and read vs. 6 and 7. He thanked her, then apologetically asked someone to read the correct scripture. I caught the mistake but was little enough and shy enough not to try to correct her while she was reading in front of the congregation. This was near the beginning of the meeting. At the very end of the meeting an anointed brother raises his hand and in front of the whole congregation over the microphone, proceeds to tell the conductor how HE said the wrong scripture to my mother. It was really weird that, not only did he feel the need to stick up for her, not only did he not wait to do it in private later, but he was wrong.

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

Years ago, at a bookstudy, a self proclaimed member of the annointed was called on to make a comment, and he began by saying, "do you know how many times I put up my hand today without being called?" Then he paused for 5 seconds (which felt like an eternity) and proceeded with his answer. This guy was a real jerk to everyone, and everyone kept kissing his ass thinking they were getting in good with an annointed....like he was going to put in a good word for them when he croaked.

• JWoods
    JWoods

I think that here we might have to make a division between the "old, original, annointed" - and the "new, arrogant, annointed".

that is, people who were JW prior to the Great Crowd teaching and really took it naturally as that was what everybody was...

compared to nut jobs of today who are really playing some kind of self-delusional ego trip (or worse, are just cynically scamming the system)...

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

JWoods - mine definately falls into the second category, and it just kept getting worse after he saw the attention he was getting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit