EVERYONE CAN'T BE IN THE FRONT ROW!

by Kay Francis 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Kay Francis
    Kay Francis

In the organization, we had [have] limited choices of who can be our friends. Oftentimes, we had [have] to deal with many people we did [do] not like and pretend to be their friends. Of course, we also had [have] to deal with people who carry a lot of baggage and it was difficult. Once you break free from that mold you don’t have to continue to deal with individuals you’d rather not be around. I recently received an email from a friend that I’d like to share with you. It certainly brings forth much refreshment to my soul as I can certainly relate to it. ENJOY!

EVERYONE CAN'T BE IN THE FRONT ROW!
    Life is a theater - Invite your audience carefully. Not everyone is healthy enough to have a front row seat in our lives. There are some people in your life that need to be loved from a distance. It's amazing what you can accomplish when you let go, or at least minimize, your time with draining, negative, incompatible, not-going-anywhere relationships/friendships!

Observe the relationships around you. Pay attention. Which ones lift and which ones lean? Which one encourages and which ones discourage? Which ones are on a path of growth uphill and which ones are going downhill? When you leave certain people, do you feel better or feel worse? Which ones always have drama or don't really understand, know or appreciate you?

The more you seek quality, respect, growth, peace of mind, love and truth around you, the easier it will become for you to decide who gets to sit in the FRONT ROW and who should be moved to the balcony of your life. You cannot change the people around you....but you can change the people you are around!

--Author Unknown

Kay

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

How very true.

• ladonna
    ladonna

Kay,

Thankyou for such an insightful post. I have personally had seasonal, people- spring-cleaning sessions, so I understand exactly what you mean.
    This sounds awful, but hell, it's necessary. I just drift away quietly without hurting feelings.

Ana

• JT
    JT

great post

• oscartheduck
    oscartheduck

It's nice to be reminded of this, especially with the new year, and therefore symbolic new beginnings, coming up for us all.

============================
    The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126 "As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible "

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

How true your letter is. Often times in the orginization I had to call people friends that I truly did not like. I knew they would talk about me behind my back. And that the only way they were around me is to have something to talk about later. I have always been somebody to speak my mind. For instance if a talk was boring, I would say so. These people would here me say that and the whole Kingdom Hall would know it. Just another reason I am glad to have real friends and internet friends over those fake friends any day.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

Jeremy's Hate Mail Hall Of Fame.
    http://hometown.aol.com/onjehovahside/ and [email protected]

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I like to put everyone on the front row. I just expand and expand the front row. Sure, everyone is VERY far away from me, but at least they are all equal. It suits my sense of fairness and self loathing.

I'm always having to explain to people how this is NOT the balcony though.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Kay,

I have subscribed to that philosophy for many year's now. If you don't the consequences can have a very negative effect on your outlook and ability to see the damage being done.

Better to end up with one or two dear friends, than a boatload of associates who add little more than more stress to life.

My definition of a true friend, is one that automatically bring's a smile to my face, vice versa. The rest are not worth the energy.

Danny

• chester
    chester

Kay,

That is great advice.

Thanks for posting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit