Please don't turn your back on Jehovah!

by tigeress 17 Replies latest jw friends

• tigeress
    tigeress

"please don't turn your back on Jehovah! It would break my heart! i'm sure that one day you will want to make peace with him?"

This was from a relative of mine recently, she was crying at the time, so i didn't get all heavy weight. To be honest i fudged answering it, just didn't know what to say. Anyone help?

BTW these days... i don't belive in anything at all religous wise, and don't think i ever will.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

My response: "There is a difference between turning your back on God and turning your back on an organization claiming to represent him. I have seen evidence to convince me that the WTS does not represent God. I will be happy to share that evidence with you if you like. If you are not willing to examine the evidence, you have no basis on which to criticize my choice to leave. Rest assured that while I did believe the WTS was the true religion, I made many sacrifices out of my sincere love for God. He knows this. I have no doubt that he will keep these sacrifices close to his heart as I search for the true path to him. I am at peace with God."

I feel that that all that is true in regards to myself even though I do not currently see evidence of God's existence.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I would point out that I love Jehovah, that is why I am leaving the org!

Really, I would try to engage them into why leaving the org means leaving God.

• JWoods
    JWoods

If he (YHWH) is so all powerfull, and OMNISENIENT, then why in the hell would little old you need to MAKE PEADE WITH HIM???

Seems like he would reach out (outside Brooklyn N.Y.) and make Peace With You??

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Translation:

Please don`t turn your back on Jehovah the WBT$!..

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

The words and the tears show it was said out of love for you no malice was meant....how kind ((hugs))

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace!

I would, as kindly and lovingly as I could, say, "Actualy, I don't think I'm the one who has to worry about that, dear relative. In fact, I would ask the saemthing of YOU." Then I would give them a BIG genuine hug... and walk away. Unless they wanted clarification, to which I'd ask, "Do you REALLY want to know?" and if they said, "Yes," I would tell/show them. If they said, "No," well, there you have it.

May JAH bless!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• darkl1ght3r
    darkl1ght3r

I like bluecanary's response. However when I don't really feel like giving such a detailed answer to that question (from either JWs or plain-ol Christians) I usually say "Well, he turned his back on me first." And if I'm annoyed I'll just say "Leave me alone. Its too late anyway cuz I've blasphemed the holy spirit."

• yknot
    yknot

I agree the motivation is her love for you.

Being that the situation was emotional I think it would be fruitless to attempt a rational discussion of her logic linking Jehovah exclusively with the Organization.

Perhaps a request for her to pray for you in your time of personal tribulation.

• JWoods
    JWoods

If he (YHWH) was really so BIG & KIND -

Then why was she crying and worrying about it all???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit