The National Parks: America's Best Idea

by leavingwt 22 Replies latest social entertainment

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

That area is phenomenal. I'd love to head over to Moab again and rent a Jeep for a week!

Come down to S. FL sometime! But do wait til winter.

BTS

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I love the National Parks. One of the few good ideas that ever came out of big government.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

bttt

Anyone else with some good park stories/experiences?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I used to enjoy a lot of the parks in Ontario, but my health won't allow it any more. My favourite place was Pukaskwa National Park.

The beginning of this video is wrong. Pukaskwa is located on the north-eastern shore of Lake Superior, near Marathon Ontario. For some reason the map in the video shows it near Thunder Bay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewbgbgTGCN8

• snowbird
    snowbird

Tuskegee Institute National Historic Site, Tuskegee, Alabama, courtesy of the National Park Services.

#1 on my to-do list.

I don't know why I haven't gone there before.

Sylvia

• undercover
    undercover
    Which National Parks are your favorites?

I've been to the Smokey Mountains and the Shenandoah, both of which are in driving distance for me. I've also been to Glacier Bay in Alaska and Haleakala in Hawaii. There are probably a couple more on the mainland that I can't remember right now.

There's no way to pick a favorite because the regions are so different and each are great in their own way.

I'd like to go to Yellowstone, Yosemite, Sequoia, Grand Tetons...oh heck...I'd like to see em all.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

XJW4EVER -- Good point. The parks are a real treasure.

FINALLY-FREE -- I'm sorry you can no longer enjoy Pukaskwa as before. It looks like a wonderful place to spend some time.

SYLVIA -- You need to get on down there and give us a report. Should be interesting.

UNDERCOVER -- It is indeed hard to pick a favorite. There are so many good ones.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    SYLVIA -- You need to get on down there and give us a report. Should be interesting.

When I get up there, I shall compile a full report. LOL.

For trivia lovers, there are 391 National Parks.

Sylvia

• leavingwt
  • beksbks
    beksbks

Just finished the first piece. It's absolutely fantastic, and I can hardly stop crying. If all those with depth and heart had given up the fight to those greedy, selfish, vision less types a hundred years ago, we would not have these true American treasures today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit