Interesting Conversation

by lepermessiah 4 Replies latest jw friends

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

I had a conversation with a friend who has been inactive for over many years. He has really been there for me since i need an outlet to talk about my situation.

I finally found out one of the reasons he went inactive - he said he had read an article in one of the WT's, and then a few weeks later, he read an article that seemed to contradict the previous article. When he questioned this to an elder, the guy basically chastised him for questioning it and would not contact Brooklyn for clarification. That led him in to the "rabbit's hole" so to say.

I went on to ask him if he ever read the article from the late 60's that likened organ transplants to cannibalism.....he was shocked when i told him about it. The gist of the conversation was once you start going down the path of questioning Big Brother, its scary what you find at first, but then it turns out to be extremely liberating......

• cognac
    cognac

Good point to bring up with him!

• AdaMakawee
    AdaMakawee

Once you find the first lie it really opens your mind. What else are they lying about? Well turns out, just about everything.

Ada

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

I'd love to know which articles tipped him off.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The gist of the conversation was once you start going down the path of questioning Big Brother, its scary what you find at first, but then it turns out to be extremely liberating......

Pay attention newbies and lurkers. Yes, life is tough leaving WTS or even questioning them. Once you take off the WT-colored glasses, it gets easier and easier to see the genuine truth. The chains fall off and the liberation of the mind starts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit