How much does an individual copy of WT or Awake! cost?

by Open mind 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

I get the Awake and WTs in the US and they are still in color as before.

• watson
    watson

They don't cost me anything.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It costs probably a penny for the paper itself, plus maybe a nickel for ink, running the presses, processing, and shipping it to the A$$embly Hell. From there, it costs zero since it's the hounder's problem trying to pay for the gas to pick it up. Yet they want to get $2 or more, plus another $2 or so from the householder, per rag.

If they don't get that much, they will threaten that they will have to cut back in Third World countries, leading to murdering those who might have responded (and our responsibility for any sins they commit). Donations usually spike after these announcements.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

way more than it is worth. It is a waste of paper for valuless words.

• blondie
    blondie

Since 1990 there has not been a specific price attached to any of the publications. jws are supposed to "encourage" non-jws to donate to "the worldwide work." Very few jws ever ask for money (even when jws did pay about 25 cents each).

*** km 1/90 p. 1 par. 4 Be Alert to Offer Bible Literature ***Or we might express in our own words something along the lines of the third example on that page, showing appreciation of the householder’s situation and saying in a persuasive way: "But since you don’t have time to talk now, we suggest that you accept these two magazines on a contribution of 50¢ and read them when it is more convenient.

*** km 5/90 p. 7 par. 2 Use Our Literature Wisely ***At the end of February 1990, it was explained that magazines and literature will be provided to publishers and to the interested public on a complete donation basis, that is, without asking or suggesting that a specific contribution be made as a precondition to receiving an item. When literature is offered, voluntary donations will be accepted to support the worldwide work of publishing the good news.

• dissed
    dissed

I remember as a Pioneer we could buy them at wholesale prices and use the profit to buy donuts and coffee for sustaining nourishment.

• blondie
    blondie

*** km 8/87 p. 4 Magazine Price Increase ***

Beginning with the September 1987 issues, the price of distributors’ magazines to the congregation and the public will increase from 20¢ to 25¢. The price to pioneers will increase from 10¢ to 15¢. The September 1 and September 8 issues should be charged for and placed at the new rates, even though received and distributed in August. There will be no change in the requesting of pioneer credit for magazines, as the amount of credit per magazine remains the same.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Beginning with the September 1987 issues, the price of distributors’ magazines to the congregation and the public will increase from 20¢ to 25¢. The price to pioneers will increase from 10¢ to 15¢. The September 1 and September 8 issues should be charged for and placed at the new rates, even though received and distributed in August. There will be no change in the requesting of pioneer credit for magazines, as the amount of credit per magazine remains the same.

AH! Those were the days!!! If I placed enough magazines in a month I could actually reward myself with a coffee and donut at Tim Hortons!

W

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Paper is relatively cheap. The WTS used to make it own ink. The labor is free. Distribution is free.

Once they begin to 'issue' them via the miracle of the internet, printed at individual cost to the congo's, the cost will be even less. Well, except in human lives and wasted energy/time - which is not the consideration here.

Jeff

• Open mind
    Open mind

Well, I guess our family drains about $5.00/month from the Worldwide Work.

It's not much, but it's in the right direction.

Every little bit hurts.

om

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit