Help needed: Written material regarding shunning of DF'd and DA'd individuals

by EdenOne 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• poopie
    poopie
    I have done extensive research on shunning it is scriptural I will record by findings soon
  • WheninDoubt
    WheninDoubt

I forgot to mention, I have read the works of Valeriy A. Alikin, The Earliest History of the Christian Gathering: Origin, Development and Content of the Christian Gathering in the First to Third Centuries, based upon the Graeco-Roman Society.

It’s interesting that a PH’D would not cover the introduction of Paganism by The Roman Emperor Constantine the Great by merging together to separate rituals to fall upon the same time. Since the Catholics embarked in making St Peter the first Pontificio the obscurities continued not for the benefit of Christianity but to the Roman Catholic Empire.

You see, first off, I don’t know what made you think I am a Witness, since you are speaking of gathering information to sue the WT in European Court, which cannot be singled out, so you would have to sue religion as a whole, which Catholics, hold even their own sit in the united nations, so what makes you think you can. By the way, that’s why I also have my TH’D so as not to confuse factual theology with someone’s ambition to write a story book.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

This is not my story, but one told by a poster here on JWN:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/100211/shunned-again-you-wont-guess-where-ever

[Shunned at a psychologist's office as they brought their daughter there to deal with shunning...!]

-Aude.

• poopie
    poopie
    sorry i meant absoulutly unscriptual
  • EdenOne
    EdenOne

For those who think that the First Ammendmend protects the right of a religion to shun ex-members because the Bible says so: let's imagine that a religion takes the OT to the letter. One of its members is caught in adultery. Since the OT prescribes death by stoning for that sin, this religion advocates the right to stone to death its member. Now, would the First Ammendment protect this action under the "freedom of religion" excuse? What is the difference regarding shunning?

Eden

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Before you try to impress me with your TH'D, you should get your facts straight, because Catholic excommunication is different from the protestant disfellowshipping. Namely, because it only barrs an ordained member of the clerigy to officiate and the rank and file from participating in the Eucharistia. There's no shunning, no cut off from communication with others. Again, you're obscuring the discussion by attempting to mix up disfellowshipping with shunning. This discussion is about shunning alone, and how it constitutes a violation of human rights as a form of unlawful discrimination.

Eden

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

As for the pertinent bit of your post, why does an action taken before the European Court of Human Rights can't single out the Jehovah's Witnesses?

Eden

• Question_Mans_interpretation
    Question_Mans_interpretation
    Jehovahs witnesses have a much different shunning policy then some other religions. I talked to a Mormon at a birthday party last year and she admitted they practice shunning but it's not a complete shut out apparently, or so she claimed. She said they are stilled allowed to associate but didn't elaborate how.
    Also she said they don't discipline by shunning those who do associate with a shunned member.
    Any Mormons on here who can elaborate? The witnesses will disfellowship members who associate with ones who have been DF'd

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit