Peddling Literature Outside the King-dumb Hell

by XJW4EVR 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Yesterday, I walked up to the barber shop for a haircut. That walk takes me by the local Hall. In front of the entrance were two attractive young ladies sitting behind a table loaded with Watchtower propoganda. I do not believe they knew who I was, and attempted to engage me in a conversation. I politely declined and kept moving. I have seen them with tables at a couple of the local malls, but this was the first time I have ever seen a set-up in front of the Hall. Anyone else see this in your neck of the woods?

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

nope but we have a market stall now :)

• cantleave
    cantleave

New one on me. Sitting down in front of the hall for a few hours, they must be pioneering, sounds an easy way to get the time in.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

So much for the urgency. On the one hand, the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger tells us that, unless we are out every second, we are murdering anyone Jehovah thinks we should have reached and will be held responsible for all the sins they commit. On the other hand, the witlesses use such stupid ways to get people into the cancer that are obviously not going to produce any results. Either way, they are wasting people's time.

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

One of my old congregations used to go to the local car boot sale (if you don't know what that is its kind of like a big garage sale with lots of sellers).

This was the cong that was going to have a stall at the local mela festival then had to pull out when bethel found it - they were told they may give the impression of interfaith.

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

If the JWs are serious about witnessing they should be embracing all these opportunities and more. Instead of the door-to-door not at home work they should:

Open shops in Town/City centres - Markets - Anywhere where the people actually are.

Organize coffee mornings at independent venues (Some people just need a non-direct route)

Open up their kingdom Halls during the day to passing traffic and callers having someone on hand with a friendly face, a cup of tea and a biscuit!

Advertise in Newspapers and Magazines.

And generally be proactive in their God given task of saving the World from death and destruction.

Put a real Sales Manager in charge and this thing could go global - we would have the End-of-the-World in no time.

• blondie
    blondie

I would think it depends on how the KH is situated in the community. In this area most are in residential areas or out on the edge of town almost in the country. Not much foot traffic.

Some older halls I attended were downtown near foot traffic locations. I can see a table being set up. One had a window display with current publications and a little heading with a contact number.

Blondie

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Did they have any doves for sale?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

The Hall is "holy ground" and no harm can come to them on that property!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit