Ladies, what are you worth?

by sacolton 15 Replies latest jw friends

• sacolton
    sacolton

If we still lived in the time when men offered your father animals in exchange for your hand in marriage ... what would you say is a fair trade for you?

Would you be flattered if a man offered your father 500 cattle for you?

• snowbird
    snowbird

Funny you should start this topic, as I was just talking with an officer who married a Filipino lady.

Today is her 27th birthday; he confided that he bought her an i-Phone and just knows that she's going to scold him for being too extravagant!

He said - tongue-in-cheek - that he's going to have to keep her away from American women!

LOL.

So, in answer to your question, we are worth whatever our cultural heritage has conditioned us to believe we're worth.

Sylvia

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I've got:

• Two Camels
    • Five Goats
      and
    • Thirty Chickens

Any takers?

• megs
    megs

I am worth a house, vacation cottage, mercedes ml 350, along with a mercedes sl 550, quarterly vacations in europe and a $60,000 per month allowance!

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

After the wedding ceremony, the groom took the preacher aside and said "what do I owe you for the services?"

The preacher replied, "Well, whatever you think she's worth."

The young man gave the preacher $100.

A few minutes later when the preacher saw the bridegroom lift the brides veil, he turned around and gave the man $75 change back.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Darren Flutie (football player) asked me out one time after the Player Awards and I told him, "You can't afford me."

He said "Don't you know who I am? I'm Darren Flutie." And I said, "I know who you are and you still can't afford me!"

He just laughed.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

You mean, for the whole me, or just the hand?

• asilentone
    asilentone
    megs, if you do get the $60,000 monthly allowance, let me serve you, so I can get the $10,000 monthly allowance.
  • Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

First off is this an arranged marriage????

• megs
    megs

ASO, you're on!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit