Are 800 new JWs really baptised per day?

by losthusband 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• watson
    watson

I remember back in the "Truth Book Days," just prior to 1 9 7 5, baptisms were running about 250,000 to 300,000 a year for a couple. The percentage of increase has dropped a lot.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

sspo is right, most are kids who do not know enough about the Bible but they get Baptised because some of their friends did. When my 11 year old grandson's friend got baptised, an elder ask him "When are you getting baptised?" They have to keep every generation going so they can continue on with their lies.

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

Matthew 7:14 - whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it. The more and more millions of JW's there is the less of a true religion they are.

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

Matthew 7:14 - whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it. The more and more millions of JW's there is the less of a true religion they are.

• teel
    teel

Joshnaz - unfortunately that's not the way they think, and they do have a point there. The JWs would have to be a major religion - meaning near the billion mark - to have grounds saying they are not few already. As it is now, 0.1% of the world is pretty small by all means. Until then every small increase is celebrated as Jah's blessing, and "the few will become thousands".

• wobble
    wobble

Another thing the Dubs never think about, although a few are aware of the hole in the bottom of the bucket, these tens of thousands who are leaving are ones who were once convinced it was the truth, so convinced they got baptised and lived the life of a Witless.

They now are convinced it is NOT the "truth" Why ?

Love

Wobble

• willyloman
    willyloman

"They now are convinced it is NOT the "truth" Why?"

Holy Spirit in action!

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

800 per day baptized may be accurate

Also consider

200 per day die

200 per day walk away or get disfellowshipped (Just in case you thought you were special)

• wobble
    wobble

You are right ,Missing, and as I said above, those that walk away, KNOW and can prove it is all baloney, and how many of the DF'd ones are the same, not just our good old Apostate friends, but others amongst the 200 must know as well that it aint Da Troof.

Love

Wobble

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

I would say that yes, maybe on average that many are baptised BUT soooooo many leave each year. So, it kind of evens out I suppose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit