Swayze dead?

by PopeOfEruke 23 Replies latest jw friends

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Patrick Swayze is dead - has anyone else heard that?

Pope

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Just heard. Expected, but sad nonetheless.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Patrick Swayze dies: report

By staff writers and wires

NEWS.com.au

September 15, 2009 10:02am

HOLLYWOOD actor Patrick Swayze has died after a long battle with cancer, his rep told The Associated Press. Swayze's publicist Annett Wolf says the 57-year-old actor died today with family at his side.

The Dirty Dancing and Ghost star, who in January was told he had pancreatic cancer, has started preparing himself for death, reports say.

"Patrick recently got word that the cancer had spread to his liver and that is what his doctors said would begin the countdown to the end," a source told National Enquirer magazine.
  • dinah
    dinah

Well crap.

• Open mind
    Open mind

That sucks.

Life is short.

Shorter for some than others.

Enjoy each day.

om

• shamus100
    shamus100

If nothing else he was not the greatest actor.

Oh well.

• purplesofa
  • flipper
    flipper

My wife and I have been watching the mini-series from the mid 1980's " North and South " where Swayze played Ory Main a soldier from the South during the Civil War who befriended George Hazzard from the Northern states. He was a great actor in that mini-series and there are lots of great actresses and actors who were in that historical drama about the civil war.

What a tragedy for him to die at 57 ! He certainly has handled his situation with dignity, class, and full of love towards his friends and family. He will be sorely missed. My wife and I have always thought he was a top rate class act. I raise my glass to Patrick Swayze tonight. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• beksbks
    beksbks

He gave an absolutely awesome performance in "To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything Julie Newmar". And he was married to his wife for 34 years. That's something big for a Hollywood type.

RIP

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

He was terrific in "Dirty Dancing" and "Ghost" and on SNL. He stayed happily married to his childhood sweetheart. He fought hard - sorry he didn't make it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit