Swine Flu Shot -To get it -or not to get it?

by annalice 10 Replies latest jw friends

• annalice
    annalice

So ,I am hearing different sides of the whole swine flu shot debate. Should we get the shot ? or not? ??What do you think?

• vilot
    vilot

Stephen King "The Stand"...maybe those few that survived didn't take the shot...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I personally do not recommend it. You need to get both sides of the story, and that means listening to sources that the Establishment does not condone. Have you taken a shot before only to get the flu, or another sickness from the shot itself? Do you know people that have taken the shot only to get sick within a week of the shot or get the flu anyways? I have seen one person last year that was determined to get a flu shot, and got sick for two weeks after the shot. And I have heard of a number of others who have got sick with flu-like symptoms within a week of getting a flu shot.

Beyond this, look at what happened in 1976. People got sick from the shot. Only one person died from swine flu in 1976, compared to more than 25 from the shot. Besides, these shots have unknown risks--the preservatives are poison, and they could put other poisons in on purpose to set you up for sickness 20 years from now (which, coincidentally, their drugs will "treat"). Quality control issues could also factor in--these shots are sloppily made because they need to get billions of doses ready in time, and this could mean contamination with other infections and poisons.

If you choose not to get your swine flu shot, there are other ways to reduce the risk of getting it or the severity if you do. Soap and water goes a long way in cutting flu transmission. Foods like coconut oil (especially in place of other vegetable oil), magnesium, astragalus, vitamin C (I have found that I get fewer colds if I take at least 4,000 milligrams of vitamin C per day), vitamin D (D3 only--D2 is not worth its weight in washtowel littera-trash as a supplement), and all the antioxidants will reduce your risk.

Above all, stay away from the Kingdumb Hells. The witlesses will pick up their flus (and tuberculosis, which is MUCH worse than swine flu) at the door, and then spread it to other witlesses during their boasting sessions. Their crap diets, bad sleep habits, and excessive stress also make them more prone to picking up these flus--and then spreading them. They can also spread a flu if they come to your door the day after they picked up someone else's flu. For that reason, it is best to NOT let the witlesses in.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

WTW what would you suggest to people like myself who have weak immunity systems and have constant respitory infections? Last year I had my influenza vaccine and I was sick afterwards but I was still slightly sick when I got the flu shot, as I am scared to get anything that might send me back to the hospital with respitory illness. So should I or shouldn't I? Any advise for moi?

Orangefatcat

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

Uh, you don't get sick from the vaccination. Some people have a reaction to the vaccination (in my case, I always have a raised red spot at the injection site and a sore muscle for at least a week). Some people get sick incidentally near the time that they had a vaccination. But flu vaccines are made from dead viruses; you can't get the flu from the injected vaccine. The nasal spray vaccine does contain a live but attenuated (extremely weakened) version of the virus. It is possible to get a mild case of the flu from the live vaccine, which is why that vaccination is not used for children, the elderly or other at-risk groups.

If the vaccine doesn't create enough antibodies, you may still get the flu, but because of the vaccination, you will probably not have as severe a case as you would have otherwise.

Thimerosol (the mercury-based preservative that has been accused of involvement in autism) is no longer used in vaccines. And, for those who are still practicing JWs, vaccines have not been made from blood or blood products for a very long time.

I'm not a doctor--I'm a severe asthmatic. Before I began regularly getting flu vaccinations, I had complications from the flu--bronchitis and occasionally pneumonia--on an annual basis. Now that I regularly get vaccinated for seasonal flu and have been vaccinated for pneumonia, I haven't had either bronchitis or pnuemonia in more than 10 years.

I still get the flu sometimes, usually late in the season after the virus has mutated a bit. However, even when I get sick, I've not had either the severity of illness nor the complications which used to often send me to the hospital.

I know there's a lot of fear about vaccines. Some of that comes from history (when vaccines used live viruses routinely, they were much riskier) and some of that comes from not understanding the science behind them (I'm fortunate to be married to a biologist). In any case, I consider vaccination a life-saver in my case. I'd be a far less healthy person without them. I've already had my seasonal flu vaccine and will be getting the H1N1 vaccine as soon as it's available.

BTW, for the best explanation of how the influenza virus works (and why vaccines are a good idea), read The Great Influenza: The Story of the Deadliest Pandemic in History by John M. Barry. It's about the 1918 flu, and he's a very compelling writer.

Edited to add: WTW is dead-on correct about soap and water being the number one way to prevent illness, even if the rest of his advice is definitely not science-based.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

I am sick, should I get the Flu Shot?

• snowbird
    snowbird

*making mental note to pick up coconut oil, fish oil, garlic, and vitamin C tablets*

Thanks, Wiz.

Sylvia

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Over here it is recommended for people who are vulnerable. Otherwise swineflu is no big deal - we even have a phoneline setup for normally healthy people who may have caught it, to ring in and be reassured. My hubby went to the doctor with most of the symptoms of swine flu - she wasn't impressed and sent him home. 2 weeks later he is is almost recovered. My advice to those who are in rude health - just take your usual vitamins unless of course your government is so concerned that it is urging people to have the vaccination

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

no thanks

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Glad Jankyn chimed in with some reason.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit