Blood Doctrine Debate

by garyneal 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TD
    TD

"Some operations require four to six units and when you get to that level, it’s hard to imagine not getting any blood. We will never have a completely bloodless society for surgical patients." Dr. Steven Gould in Time: Heroes of Medicine – Bloodless Surgery; 1997

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

"Blood" in Scripture consistently represents Death:

http://au.geocities.com/doug_mason1940/The_Meaning_of__Blood_.pdf

The presentation of blood (and it's not normally whole blood, anyway) does not indicate that the previous owner is dead.

In the Watchtower's 64-page booklet, "Jehovah's Witnesses and the Question of Blood" (1977) authors Smalley and Dixon misquote and misrepresent medical sources, and statements by Church Fathers.

http://au.geocities.com/doug_mason1940/The_Watchtowers_Handling_of_Blood_Revision_2.pdf

• Balsam
    Balsam

Gary,

I lost my 15 year old son to an auto accident where Dak was so badly injured he needed blood to save his life. He didn't get it and he died in 2001.

Here is my son Dak McGill memorial website. http://www2.mem.com/ContentDisplay.aspx?ID=4047091 See his picture there too

Under the biography section scroll down to the title: DAK'S MOM'S STORY OF LOSING DAK 7 YEARS LATER
    A MOTHER’S REGRET FOR A RELIGIOUS DEVOTION

I hope you can either print it up or show her the web-site. The death of my son Dak was what led me to leave the religion. Also both of my surviving sons left too. I've been out now for 8 years. I will always blame my self because of being tied to a cult in letting my son die without immediate blood being given to him. His heart failed when his blood volume dropped so low and his heart didn't get enough oxygen to do its work of pumping.

• Heaven
    Heaven

(((( Balsam))))... my heart aches for you and your family. I am so very sorry you had to go through this.

• shamus100
    shamus100

The death of my son Dak was what led me to leave the religion. Also both of my surviving sons left too. I've been out now for 8 years. I will always blame my self because of being tied to a cult in letting my son die without immediate blood being given to him. His heart failed when his blood volume dropped so low and his heart didn't get enough oxygen to do its work of pumping.

Balsam,

How horrible! I hope that you are okay.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Gary said:

This is an issue where I believe the Watchtower to be wrong on (and I did not come to this conclusion easily).

I understand that. Oddly enough, that is one of the last indoctrinations for many of us to outgrow... unless we are forced into making the decision in a life-threatening emergency!

(And Hugs to you, Balsam.)

• garyneal
    garyneal

Balsam,

How tragic for you to have had to go through this, my heart and prayers are with you.

My wife is a loving person who I know is trying to please God and serve Him the best way she knows how. She is just so misled and I think she will have a very hard time leaving the religion because she is a family person and so much of her family in involved in this cult. I know it's got to be hard for her.

• CHILD
    CHILD

Balsam, my heart aches for you and I send hugs to you and your family. Tears came to eye when I realized that like you, I never really researched the blood doctrine until 2006. My daughter was raised as a JW and I shudder to think I could would have placed her in danger because of not fully understanding the blood doctrine.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Thanks everyone, I wrote to all of you personally a message. Losing Dak 8 years ago was almost something I believed I would not survive. I didn't see how it could be possible for my broken heart to mend. But I credit a love of the divine that carried me though that terrible pain and not only that but gave me the strength to stand up against a powerful religon and walk way and a controling husband that called me fool. Today my two grown sons are out of the cultish thinking and for that I'm grateful for.

There is still much to learn in this life but being free of a controlling religion is the most exciting feeling there is, and realizing that there is life after a suffering though having your heart broken is something I am so grateful for. I can say I am blessed mentally and emotionally, and my dear son Dak is responsible for that.

Ruth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit