A&E Intervention has another JW family

by Not Feeling It 1 Replies latest social entertainment

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

I saw an episode of Intervention a while back with a JW connection. I just saw another episode with a much clearer JW connection. Wondering if anyone else saw or picked up on it.

This is the episode: http://www.aetv.com/intervention/int_episode_guide.jsp?bcpid=30932706001&bctid=25027620001

The synopsis is:

Episode 90 - When he was five, Donald's parents divorced. He longed for a strong father figure, but his father had very little contact with him. Donald became a gifted boxer, but ultimately chose drugs over his career. He joined a violent gang and turned to stealing to support his crack habit. Now his son is angry because Donald wasn't there for him growing up. Donald's girlfriend just had a baby and Donald has a second chance to be a good father, but his crack use is spiraling out of control. That doesn't sound like JW in itself but watching the episode had several clues:

1. The father left the mother over a "me or the religion" decision.
    2. Several references to deep-seated religious beliefs.
    3. Obsession with perfection/imperfection
    4. Flashback pictures were almost all from buildings looking like a KH or scenes like FS.
    5. Preachiness about remembering how you were "brought up" and what's right.
    6. Other JW cliches.

Anyway, The guy does get clean for his non-JW family which is good. Oddly no mention was made of Jehovah. But that's probably because this lifestyle would have "reflected badly on the truth"

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You know I got the same feeling about that episode. Glad to know it wasn't just me. His sister is a real self-rightous tool who doesn't realize how much her drivel tortures her brother.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit