I saw an episode of Intervention a while back with a JW connection. I just saw another episode with a much clearer JW connection. Wondering if anyone else saw or picked up on it.
The synopsis is:
Episode 90 - When he was five, Donald's parents divorced. He longed for a strong father figure, but his father had very little contact with him. Donald became a gifted boxer, but ultimately chose drugs over his career. He joined a violent gang and turned to stealing to support his crack habit. Now his son is angry because Donald wasn't there for him growing up. Donald's girlfriend just had a baby and Donald has a second chance to be a good father, but his crack use is spiraling out of control. That doesn't sound like JW in itself but watching the episode had several clues:
- The father left the mother over a "me or the religion" decision.
- Several references to deep-seated religious beliefs.
- Obsession with perfection/imperfection
- Flashback pictures were almost all from buildings looking like a KH or scenes like FS.
- Preachiness about remembering how you were "brought up" and what's right.
- Other JW cliches.
Anyway, The guy does get clean for his non-JW family which is good. Oddly no mention was made of Jehovah. But that's probably because this lifestyle would have "reflected badly on the truth"