"End of All Kingdoms in 1914!" 8-30-1914 World Magazine PDF!

by cabasilas 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sherah
    sherah

bump

• jhine
    jhine

wow !! I had not seen the original post but the timing of this bump is amaaaazing . I have been preparing a "presentation " for JWs about false prophecies and have found some brill stuff about 1925 and 1975 but not so much about 1914 so this is great . I have downloaded the whatever it is in blue (not very computer literate ) but I cannot print it because of technical difficulties .However I have made note of the information for further use .

I posted on another thread about an encounter with a JW where she said that they no longer make (up ) dates cus it says in the Bible that " no one knows the day or the hour " . Well when going through some of the stuff I already had I found this doozy tucked away that I had not noticed before. From the August 5th 1968 Watchtower concerning 1975 :-

" This is not the time to be toying with the words of Jesus that "concerning that day and hour nobody knows .." To the contrary , it is a time when one should be keenly aware that the end of this system of things is rapidley coming to it's violent end . Make no mistake , it is sufficeint that the Father himselfknows both the day and hour "

How arrogant to say that they know better than Jesus , and what a lie it gives to their claims of putting the Bible first .

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

jhine- yes, 1914 is a pivotal, crucial date to the WT's end-time prophecies. If you need more quotes let me know. But, here are a few to add to your collection:

"The period must end in 1925. The type ending, the antitype must begin; and therefore 1925 is definitely fixed in the scriptures. Every thinking person can see that a great climax is at hand. The Scriptures clearly indicate that the climax is the fall of Satan's empire and the full establishment of the Messianic kingdom. This climax being reached by 1925, and that marking the beginning of the fulfillment of the long promised blessings of life to the people, millions now living on earth will be living then and those who obey the righteous laws of the new arrangement will live forever. Therefore it can be confidently said at this time that millions now living will never die." (Golden Age, Jan. 4, 1922, p. 217)

"There will be no slip-up. . . . Abraham should enter upon the actual possession of his promised inheritance in the year 1925 A.D."
    --Watchtower 10/15/1917, p.6157

"This chronology is not of man but of God . . . of divine origin . . . absolutely and unqualifiedly correct."
    --Watchtower 7/15/1922, p.217

"1914 ended the Gentile times. . . . The date 1925 is even more distinctly indicated by the Scriptures. . . . by then the great crisis will be reached and probably passed."
    --Watchtower 9/1/1922, p.262

"1925 is definitely settled by the Scriptures. . . . the Christian has much more upon which to base his faith than Noah had (so far as the Scriptures reveal) upon which to base his faith in the coming deluge."
    --Watchtower 4/1/1923, p.106

"The year 1925 is a date definitely and clearly marked in the Scriptures, even more clearly than that of 1914"
    --Watchtower 7/15/1924, p.211

"

"We see no reason for changing the figures – nor could we change them if we would. They are, we believe, God’s dates, not ours. But bear in mind that the end of 1914 is not the date for the beginning, but for the end of the time of trouble." (The Watchtower Reprints, July 15, 1894, p. 1672)

The date of the close of that ‘battle’ is definitely marked in Scripture as October, 1914. It is already in progress, its beginning dating from October, 1874." (The Watchtower Reprints, January 15, 1892, p.1355)

• jhine
    jhine

Thank you so much Shirley , oops musn't call you that ! I really do appreciate your help. I am trying to be prepared for when some JWs next call on me , though they do seem to avoid me somewhat now , can't think why .

I am taking the advice offered on this forum about sticking to one question only and pushing for an answer even when it gets painful . I have a copy of a Watchtower ( 1st Feb 2012 ) all about Armaggedon . It is insistant that A is coming soooon , but no dates cus they now seem to have realised that they should not go there . So I want to ask why in times past the org. has ignored scripture , and I have the proof . If they deny the dates I wanted to be ready with evidence . Thanks again

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

jhine-

I wish you the best in any discussion with JWs. Be prepared for the following rebuttals.

The JW will use Proverbs 4:18 to justify changing doctrines and false end-time dates. Encourage them to read all of chapter four in context and see if they conclude that verse is talking about "truth" that is always changing.

They'll also use this infamous WT ploy:

w81 12/1 p. 27 par. 2 The Path of the Righteous Does Keep Getting Brighter

However, it may have seemed to some as though that path has not always gone straight forward. At times explanations given by Jehovah’s visible organization have shown adjustments, seemingly to previous points of view. But this has not actually been the case. This might be compared to what is known in navigational circles as "tacking." By maneuvering the sails the sailors can cause a ship to go from right to left, back and forth, but all the time making progress toward their destination in spite of contrary winds. And that goal in view for Jehovah’s servants is the "new heavens and a new earth" of God’s promise

"seemingly" = the view has changed, usually dramatically, but WT refuses to acknowledge it.

Ask the JW if going full-circle ("tacking") to arrive exactly at the point you started is considered "making progress"? WT has done this with many doctrines. It has a belief ("based firmly on the Bible"), discards it, it goes through various versions over a period of years or decades, then returns to exactly the original doctrine it started with and declares it as...based firmly on the Bible. (by logic this means "god's organization", under His direction, taught unbiblical falsehoods for all the years it deviated from the original doctrine).

I would ask the JW this: were these "truths"/doctrines taught as having scriptural backing when they were current? (yes).

What would happen to a JW who outspokenly disagreed with those current views? (A: they'd be disfellowshipped for apostasy).

Isn't it true that the current, revised doctrine ("new light") is now being proclaimed as having scriptural backing and is beyond question "truth", just like the old, now discarded, doctrines were?

So, how can you be so certain the new doctrine is true?

• jhine
    jhine

thanks again for the advice , this is just what I need , never having been a JW I am not familiar with the tactics used . I do have the quote about new light NOT contradicting old light ready , and every piece of information is useful .

• BORG OFF
    BORG OFF

does anyone know where the original chart shown in the world magazine is from? The PDF says continued on page 4 has anyone seen what is written on page 4?

• Ding
    Ding

WT answers:

1. Even Christ's apostles had some wrong expectations.

2. Some zealous brothers ran ahead of Jehovah's chariot.

3. Jehovah corrects his organization.

4. Minor adjustments

5. Tacking into the wind.

6. New light.

7. He who endures faithful to the end is the one who will be saved.

8. Armageddon is closer now than ever before.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

What organization, religious or secular falsifies its early history to make it more palatable for the present time. ?

No reputable organization does that ,only one who has reason to hide what they said or did in the past .

So JW/GB why are you hiding the "Truth" of your past history what are you afraid of current Jehovah`s Witnesses finding out about what you proclaimed as "truth" in your early history that you discard as "Truth" today ?

If Jehovah /Jesus Christ appointed you as the Faithful and Discreet Slave Class back in 1919 because of what you believed and taught ,why aren`t you teaching those same things today ?

And the fact that you don`t ,what can that only mean ?

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Marked

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit