Charles Darwin film 'too controversial for religious America'

by leavingwt 29 Replies latest social current

• Satanus
    Satanus

What??!! No explosions?! Even mythbusters has exploxions. Surely, they could work at least ONE in there, somewhere.

S

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

Charles Darwin film 'too controversial for religious America'- Uncle Smiley

Next thing we'll see is mass book burnings, women being kept in the homes and made to wear scarfs over their faces.... wait.... didn't your gov just liberate a country from that kind of dick-tato-ship????????????????

LAND OF THE FREE- my Moony 4

• JWoods
    JWoods
    but how the f#ck did you guys ever go to the moon??? ;-) .

Well, Eisenhower had the common foresight to hire this one really great Nazi Rocket Scientist...

We Reach for the Stars.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Ceades

I've read Darwin. The Descent of Man speaks for it's self. For you to say there is no racism in it, is to discredit him of ever speaking about the races. There is no doubt he was a product of his time. Just read about what he says about the evolution of the senses. You would have to be a racist yourself to deny it.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Thanks for that link Bohm :)

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I think America's lack of interest has very little to do with the evolution aspect of it. There's no such thing as 'too controversial' for American audiences. It's the film's producer saying this. What else is he going to say to explain why a market might not be interested? That the film itself is just not that interesting?

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

A British film about Charles Darwin has failed to find a US distributor because his theory of evolution is too controversial for American audiences, according to its producer.

That's an opinion. Since when do Americans shy away from something because it's controversial? Controversy and attention=money in the entertainment business. It's more likely Americans will avoid it because it's British.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Keyser makes an excellent point - if we can put up with "Dancing with the Network Stars", "last man off the bug-eaters island", "Micheal Moore visits yet another third world tinpot dictatorship", and of course - "The Brady Bunch" -

then I submit that we are afraid of not very much.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    I think you guys are really great people, but how the f#ck did you guys ever go to the moon??? ;-) .

Over 25% of Americans don't believe man ever stepped foot on the moon either.

This country is really becoming a cesspool of the willfully ignorant. It makes me sad.

- Lime

• Caedes
    Caedes

DD,

Still can't seem to be pinned down for actual quotes eh? Come on, there are plenty of cretionist websites that can help you out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit