Ex JW boy meets ex JW girl....good thing or bad thing?

by digderidoo 23 Replies latest jw friends

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

definetly give it a try, you wouldn't want to reject someone just for having been raised in a wacky religion.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

what if one goes back? an ox and a bull...

• dinah
    dinah

Two people who are completely over the pull from the cult might work. I guess it would save alot of time trying to figure out what makes someone tick. It would either be really good, or completely toxic, which would be worth giving it a try, as long as you can differentiate between the two.

• marmot
    marmot

I met my current girlfriend on eharmony and only found out three months later that she was also a fully faded baptized witness, what're the odds? It never presented an obstacle because we've both moved on.

Our one-year anniversary was in July and we've been living together since the end of June.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

I'm definately going to go for the date. It's just whenever i've been on a date before, i go with no expectations other than have a good night. This one's different though, i guess as we both know where we are coming from already. It has also made me think, is it a good thing or a bad thing...guess i'll find out lol

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I think it would really help in knowing your background going in. I am so glad my husband gets it. Sometimes I get tired of explaining to my friends that no, I never celebrated a holiday, no, I didn't do that in college, yes, my family really doesn't talk to me anymore because we don't go to church anymore. My husband just gets it. I don't know what to say about them wanting to go back, that would be really bad.

• AGuest
    AGuest

It has been an absolute blessing in my case, praise JAH!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Have a great time.....you will have had lots in common making you both feel at little more at ease.

h4o

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Good thing

• blondie
    blondie

The only special problem I see in this pairing is that some ex-jws are still "believing" and there is the possibility they might go back to the WTS. We have seen that happen with non-jws who marry df'd jws. As soon as they marry the df'd jw starts seeking to go back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit