9/11 Should Be A National Holiday

by minimus 13 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I think it should always be remembered. It's a day we should never forget.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

12/7/41 isn't a national holiday, nor should it be. And 9/11 shouldn't be either.

Isnt' that what Memorial Day is supposed to be for?

• shamus100
    shamus100

I don't think it should be a holiday either. It will mean just as much to terrorists too.

• minimus
    minimus

12/7 is not even considered by most but 9/11 certainly is!

• JWoods
    JWoods

It is ironic that some conspiricy nut-jobs back in the 1940s actually promoted the idea that Roosevelt had deliberately turned off the radar at Pearl Harbor so that the Japanese could more easily attack.

Their theory was that he wanted the attack to happen so that he could get into the war with Germany.

There really is no figuring out what goes on in some people's minds.

• minimus
    minimus

I think more fuss should be made over 9/11. Pretty soon, it'll be forgotten.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Well, for one thing - it sure does seem to me that we really diminish the day by calling it the "National Day of Service"...

• minimus
    minimus

I agree.

• darkl1ght3r
    darkl1ght3r

9/11 affected me greatly. I think the best way to commemerate the magnitude of this day is to go about our lives as we would normally, because that is exactly what we were not able to do on 9/11/2001, and exactly what the bastard terrorists wanted. But, by getting up and going to work, it's our way of saying 'Fuck you. We're still here.' to the scum that did this to us.

It should centainly be marked on our calenders as a day of solemn rememberance, but one where we also focus on the fact that we survived and are able to carry on despite the wound.

(And on that note I wish a president with a bigger vocabulary had been able to name this day, because Bush seemed to be stuck on those wornout USA buzzwords... hence, "Patriot Day" just sounds cliched and generic.)

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

And eventually it will turn into another pic nic celebration.

Funny how these holidays become celebratory occassions instead of solemn rememberances. Even the death of Jesus brings out the Easter Bunny.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit