People who Talk During Movies

by jeanniebeanz 22 Replies latest jw friends

• sacolton
    sacolton

All the reason why I'm building my own dedicated home theater ...

The red carpet leads you to The Loft Theater

High above the concession bar is Spider-Man ...

These photos are several months old. I have since added the THX 7.1 surround sound system and a 100" wall mounted screen.

The only thing left is the 1080p projector - which I'll add in October. Halloween movie marthon coming soon!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Theres gotta be a story re: the ticket booth

good job sacolton

• John Doe
    John Doe

I've went to 4 movies over the last year. I've had none of those problems.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Yeah, the ticket booth is an antique from a Pennsylvania ballroom. It was built in 1925 - the same year that Abraham, Issac and Jacob were to be resurrected and live in San Diego. I bought it from ebay for $400. It was then restored and polished.

This is how it appeared in the ebay auction. The kickboard was in dire need of repairs.

Contractor restoring the kick board in his shop.

Interesting to note is the tiny door on the side. Apparently, the ticket booth was originally built in a corner and that little door was used to get in and out. I guess people were alot shorter way back then.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

sacolton,

That is so friggen' awesome! Hubby and I bought our home because the second story is an open 750 sq ft room that we intend to turn into a home theatre/rock and roll room. We're making progress, but DAYUM!! You're way ahead of us!

Too cool! What will be your first movie? :)

J

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

Wow! Movies at sacolton's this weekend!

• sacolton
    sacolton

My theater website ...

http://thelofttheater.tk/

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Damn! That's cool sacolton!!

• poppers
    poppers

Very cool, sacolton. I have an old childhood friend who is now a millionaire and he built a very fancy house in the 4-5 million dollar range on one of the local lakes for his summer home. He is putting in a 16 seat theatre - four tiers with each tier having four recliners. The screen is 10 feet wide by 8 feet high. I don't know about any of the other stuff like you have but it will no doubt be first class.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Yeah, that's a nice setup! If you get photos of his theater I'd love to see them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit