One more to go...

by mrsjones5 8 Replies latest social family

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Today I have to take Joshua to get a round of shots so he can start school tomorrow. I haven't said anything about the shots, best not to warn him before hand. I will have a treat for him to help ease the pain and remind him that tomorrow he goes to school. He's going to regular kindergarten with time set aside to help him with his special needs.

This is going to be great.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Yay for Joshua! I sure hope he likes his first day of school. I remember my first day... my Mom made sure that we were all pumped and excited about it. I couldn't wait! That was long before she was indoctrinated by the cult.

I still look at the pictures she took before we left that day. I sure miss her. Are you going to take some pictures, MrsJones?

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I don't know if this will work for your Joshua, but with my kids, I would give them 2 tic tacs and tell them they were "happy pills". It always seemed to work well.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

When I took my first I cried more than she did...

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Knowing Joshua, I think he'll love it in school.

LD

• Priest73
    Priest73

I just told mine to take it like man. She's never forgiven me.

• Priest73
    Priest73

Oh, and that's awesome MrsJones.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Mrs. J,

Congrat on getting your last one in school, LOL I'm sure Joshua will do just fine

nj

(I pm'd you)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Omgoodness, we took Joshua to get his shots. Hubby and I had to hold him down so the nurse could give him the shots. Boy was he mad. He shot off my lap and ran down the hall saying "That hurt!", "Stupid!!" and "I wanna go to Denny's!!" . He fussed in the waiting room and outside. Hubby's glad he didn't start cursing. I got him to calm down with some M&M's. He's OK now and it's like it never happened, as long as I don't talk about it.

Tomorrow is going to be better. You guys just don't know. My baby's been out of school long enough and I'm so glad he's going back. I almost broke my heart when my other children went back and Joshua wasn't able to go. He had gotten dressed, ate breakfast, and even packed his backpack and told me that he was ready and I had to tell him "not yet". He hates when I say "not yet" or "wait a minute". But he's been good and patient and tomorrow is his reward.

Love that boy.

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit