OMG I just joined Facebook.

by AK - Jeff 31 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I kept getting invited, but have no idea what to do over there.

Another barrier broken.

Jeff

• Priest73
    Priest73

well? invite some of us fools.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

It's a great way to network with friends. For more professional stuff, try LinkedIn.

• homeschool
    homeschool

Don't you have to pay for LinkedIn?

• dinah
    dinah

Hey AK-Jeff, you have a pm.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Facebook can get a bit much - some of my local mates want to fluff me, feed me, booze me, jump me, throw sheep at me, then there was hobo wars - where you had to fight other hobos - that was fun. But for general updates and a howdy - it serves it's purpose.

• homeschool
    homeschool

.....don't forget about Farmville, Lou. I seriously don't understand Farmville.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I have a farm on Farm Town (the less fancy, earlier game)...but only have trees and plowed fields...no time to mess with it now.

I was able to connect with a good (nonJW) friend from HS from 25 years ago through Facebook...we were on the same network. Since he missed our 25 year reunion last month, it was great to have FB to reconnect.

But yes, it can be time consuming...and I have my security settings to allow only "friends" and "Friends of friends" (meaning, if you have one of the JWDers on your list that is also on my list, you can click through to my page)...or only those I invite specifically....

I don't spend much time updating FB....but it is there..

Snakes (Rich )

• Priest73
    Priest73
    Facebook can get a bit much - some of my local mates want to fluff me,

That means something totally different to me, I'm sure.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

i was hooked on farmtown for a few weeks then restaurant city.. after therapy I am ok again... now where is my plough, er I mean, pencil...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit