stealing our thunder

by creativhoney 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

http://www.nsbible.org/pastor_not_founder.htm

they pinched Pastor Russel. what does this all mean?

• stillin
    stillin

interesting...a couple of publishes were talking about a local Russelte that they met out in service reently. The conclusion was that the present-day Russelites are just running on vapors and have frozen in time, too stubborn to make "necessary changes."

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

I had never seen this. - it seems to me thought that they have a point. - they deny he was ever affiliated with the witnesses, but he did form the WBTS which is still the organization, and they have clearly stayed with his teachings until now, but they havent seemed to look into them any further even though he died years ago.. almost like he was their own personal jesus. I find it interesting how people find something that suits them and then just affix themselves to it. they say that one way to establish what you are is to establish what you arent and they are vehemently doing that arent they?

• blondie
    blondie

Well, Russell died in 1916, Jehovah's Witnesses were formed in 1931, 15 years later after 3/4 of the Bible Students had departed the WTS of Rutherford's making in 1925. The teachings of the Bible Students are in the vast majority very different from what jws teach. I don't see their making this clarification strange or mentally strange.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

I dont think I used the term strange or mentally strange. I said interesting.

• blondie
    blondie

Interesting has many meanings; perhaps you can clarify what you find interesting. I have talked to many Bible Students from various groups and made my own research. I think it is good for them to clarify that what jws teach has very little to do with what Russell taught and that jws broke off from the Bible Students rather than vice versa. The WTS by jw definition is only a publishing corporation not a religious organization.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

I define interesting as in I find it interesting as in it intersted me, it captured my interest. I was interested that there were two religions formed by a break apart as opposed to one remaining and one just fizzling as is often the case.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

and also interesting that if JWs broke away from the bible students, why they still own the corporation and not vice versa.

• blondie
    blondie

creativhoney, little research on this board about Rutherford, you will see that he used his legal knowledge to trick them out of it.

Perhaps older posters on this board can steer you to the numerous threads on this.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

thank you I wouldnt mind reading it.

Andi x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit