Woo-Hoo! Tim Burton's "9" comes out tomorrow!

by jeanniebeanz 8 Replies latest jw friends

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

We are big Tim Burton fans in this house, and have been eagerly anticipating this movie. My 11-year-old has been bouncing off the walls to see this one since the preview first came out. Here is a good trailer site where the player allows you to view in full-screen.

http://video.msn.com/dw.aspx?mkt=en-us&tab=s120&dw=1&rf=http://movies.msn.com/movies/movie-trailers/browse/&fg=&from=01/64&vid=7134f30a-2b4a-4acc-b8cf-080cd3c2583e&playlist=videoByTag:mk:us:vs:0:tag:movies_trailers:ns:MSNVideo_Top_Cat:ps:10:sd:-1:ind:1:ff:8A

Any other Burton fan's out there?

J

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My kids love "A Nightmare Before Christmas" and "The Corpse Bride". Always a good viewing.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

It should be noted, however that Tim Burton is only producing "9"... not directing or writing. That makes a huge difference.

But the writer/director of the original short film (Shane Acker) is doing the same for the feature film... and the original is perfectly wonderful. Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IQcMeNh7Hc&feature=related

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Thanks, BY. That's cool. :)

J

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Thanks for the link Baba. My kids and I enjoyed it.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

My pleasure, Gals! Glad you enjoyed it.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

We are about to go see the movie... I have with me two very happy little boys who are bouncing up and down like they are on pogo sticks. lol...

Hopefully, neither will have to spill soda in my lap on me this time. Or, have to go to the bathroom during the most exciting part so that I miss it! Kidz-ez!!

Hope this is not a disappointment like Coraline...

We'll let you know how it was tonight!!

J

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Well Jeannie how was it?

By the way... I absolutely adored Coraline. You do realize that Tim Burton had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Coraline, right?

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Well... I was going to go see it again, alone and at a time when the crumb-crunchers were not bugging the be-jeepers out of me. But... a small over-view won't hurt. :)

All in all, I really enjoyed it and would recommend it to all but the little ones, even though I did see children in the theatre as young as 6. (WTF) I'm sure they will have nightmares over a couple parts but...

The story was a little weak, but the animation, effects and the music definitely made up for the shallow story. I'll have to see if I can find this in book form, since there has to be more to the story and they just didn't tell it all. The ending was good, it was unexpected which is always a nice surprise. The characters was nicely done, good depth of emotion and just as naive as one would expect for essentially sock puppets/robots that had just woken and unaware of who/what they were. The 'bad guy' (can't say what it is since that may ruin the film for others) was pretty frightening and well done.

My two boys were completely drawn in, and the concensus of the 11-year-old crowd was that it was, "Bad Ass, Mom! Thanks!!" Don't know where that kid get's his mouth... honest! :)

I'd recommend it.

J

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit