Had fun today

by iknowall558 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Today I went into a charity shop near where I live. It was the Cancer Research shop. When I was there I noticed a NWT , (the new softback version), sitting on the shelf amongst the bric-a-brac. They have shelves heaving with books and for some reason it wasnt there where it should have been. It was sitting amongst the ornaments, and that's why it stood out like a sore thumb and why I noticed it. It did make me wonder if a dub had been in and made sure it was in a place where it would be noticed. Anyway, I picked it up, and had a look inside to see if there was a name, and to see if it belonged to someone i know,(used to know). There was no name, just a sticker saying it was £2. I rumaged about in my bag to see if I had any paper and a pen and went and picked up the first thing I saw off the rails to try on in the changing room. When I was there, I wrote on a piece of paper...................

"Before you start reading this translation of the Bible, please research the publishing corporation responsible for printing it. It is the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, also known as Jehovahs Witnesses. You will find much information concerning them on Freeminds.org and Silentlambs. org." I stepped out the changing room, put the garment back, and went over to NWT, picked it up and slipped the piece of paper inside it and put it back down on the shelf.

I wasn't feeling too good today up until that point but I will tell you this, I walked out of that shop with a big smile on my face. Good deed for the day or what ?

• iknowall558
  • LucyA
    LucyA

Well done! I would have just paid for it and the burnt it but I think you soln is better.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Last week there was a NWT for sale at the St. Vincent DePaul Thrift store. They sell their hardcovers for $1.00. Since I already have a copy I left it there. It will probably be still there the next time I visit. However, I did buy a copy of "A Catholic's Answer To the Jehovah's Witnesses."

• loosie
    loosie

Good job!!!!!!!!

I went to a thrift store here in KS called DAV. There was a brand new copy of the WT on CD Still sealed, sitting by the cash register. I asked the cashier what this was and why it was marked FREE. She said oh a lady comes in and leaves them here for whoever wants them to take them. You couldn't pay me to take it home.

Since when did it become ok to leave Cd's as placements?

• AdaMakawee
    AdaMakawee

Hmmm, I always write it directly on the magazines I find in various places. A piece of paper can fall out or be thrown away. Good job, either way you got the rebuttal in there.

Ada

• Söza
    Söza

QUOTE iknowall558 -- 'Today I went into a charity shop near where I live ...... NWT ...... paper and a pen and went and picked up the first thing I saw off the rails to try on in the changing room. When I was there, I wrote on a piece of paper ................... "Before you start reading this translation of the Bible, please research the publishing corporation responsible for printing it. It is the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, also known as Jehovahs Witnesses. You will find much information concerning them on Freeminds.org and Silentlambs. org." I stepped out the changing room, put the garment back, and went over to NWT, picked it up and slipped the piece of paper inside it and put it back down on the shelf.'

/Laughs/ Slick. It gives 'Doctor Barnardos' a whole new meaning.

This type of witnessing/ evangelising (or even inveiglement) is termed 'viral', Jehovists have left their magazines in dentist's waiting rooms & similar. && who can look a gift horse in the mouth in that situation - a brief forward. You done well.

When the invasion of the Islamic Republic of Iraq took place on Thursday, 20th March 2003, the JWs put a leaflet or magazine through my door on the 16th Sunday - 4 days prior. The journal was entitled 'Would you like to know more about the bible.?' :-| Pityful & limp really. I was DFed albeit on a made up charge - 22 elders at the meeting headed by a Malcolm Flack (known in Jehovism as 'John Flack'), and the JWs have a rule that they have to contact the expelled person yearly to "see if they have had a change of heart". They do not do this. Their pre-blitz Sunday gesture also infers that i CAN learn more about the bible, or that just before a strafing of Babylon, one needs too.

I spoke to an old guy in Springburn, he must be in his 70s (On the yearly DF visit sketch), && It was 'not happening' to him for about 40-years. Selective bloody nonsense.

On a similar vein to your move, i saw an older tweedy woman sitting in the cafe of Sighthill Tesco pre refurbishment at the start of the year approx. She was about 50+ years and was talking to 3 or 4 oriental woman,- they looked Chinese, all had books and Jehovism bibles. Clearly they were 'studying'. I approached and instead of asking if she had permission from Tesco management to conduct a group study in the restaurant, I asked her if she was explaining to them about the paedophilia in Jehovism? the deeply entrenched status of group denial?, if she is explaining that the Watchtower head¼ offices have relegated child abuse to a 'sin' status & not cardinally that of a 'crime'?, And that their (the oriental women) safety was not assured in connection with rape or a sexual assault.? (I gave named example of who had attacked woman in rape, and that R/glen 'elders' knew about it.)

As if choreographed, The Chinese woman upped & out in sync right on the spot. The woman started to blabber on about the BBC Panorama documentary and Jeremy Vine. I explained that Jeremy Vine was a BBC radio DJ/ VJ, he was new to Panorama, only gives the lead-in, and that he was not the presenter of the 2002 'Suffer the little children' programme' or even anywhere close. She was shattered speechless, didn't have anything to say after that, and i used the exit door. Although i was in Jehovism a long time, 35 years ~, i didn't recognize her, although with coup d'oeil i gathered that she was a Kelvin 'kingdom hall' attendee. Would it not be difficult to get the 3 or 4 Chinese foreign national woman back into a 'bible study' dynamic after that.? I bloomin hope so. 'Shame this phlebotomizing onto migrants' need for a sense of belonging, or similar. The stuff i've heard from the Persian community.

So the pen was nearly as mighty as 'the sword'.? /laughs/

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Nice anecdote. Welcome to the board Soza.

• Söza
    Söza

TY.

• chickpea
    chickpea

i think you did a good deed warning
    the unsuspecting about the b0rg!
    i encourage active participation !!

i ordered a slick little folding stamp
    from an online office supply service
    that says:

JWFacts.com
    Check it out before
    you study with JWs

wherever i find JW leavings i flip out my little stamp and
    imprint above warning on the address area on the back
    of the publication where there is a request form for a
    bible study with JWs... guess i am a viralist too !!!!

(welcome, söza!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit