"Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Change Their Teachings"----Can You Refute That?

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Spell c-h-a-n-g-e.....l-y-i-n-g.

• villabolo
    villabolo

JWoods: "One obvious example is that you can easily get yourself disfellowshipped for promoting certain (and many) ideas that they taught as absolute truth not much more than 2 or 3 decades back."

Yes JWoods there are many examples. But the point I'm trying to make is that most of those examples are too abstract for the non JW and even for most JWs. The example I gave about their position on rape is far more visceral and down to earth than practically anything else they teach. This more so if you're talking to a woman (Bible Study? Regular JW female who hasn't read those watchtowers?).

That is how I would grab their attention and refute their "adjustment", "refinement", "light gets brighter and brighter" cliches.

villabolo

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Jehovah's Witlesses don't change their teachings. I guess that's why they are so hellbent on getting rid of their old littera-trash, and preventing people from posting it online--so that the common person can see that this statement is a blatant lie.

• Heaven
    Heaven

They just keep polishing that turd.

LOL @ daniel-p! I love it.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

They are aware that folks are wondering why a spirit-directed organization has so many changes. That folks are thinking the GB and FDS should get it right the first time. So there was an attempt to make it seem like change was good thing...that it indicates clearer understanding of bible truths and being God's chosen organization.

It appears people were really buying it. On Friday, there were 6,000+ and on sunday there were 11,000+ as people dragged every relative they could find to the convention...lots of blue jeans, shorts and women in pantsuits on Sunday.

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

Hmm. Did they ever change this teaching?

"Instead of being against the principles advocated by the [Nazi] government of Germany, we stand squarely for such principles" (1934 yb, p136)

Or this one:

"There is no servant in the world as good as a good Colored servant" (GA 7/24/1929 p702)

I know this one's not current:

"But bear in mind that the end of 1914 is not the date for the beginning, but for the end of the time of trouble." (WT 7/15/1897 rp1677)

How about this one?

"Though Pastor Russell has passed beyond the veil, he is still managing every feature of the harvest work." (The Finished Mystery, 1917,p144)

• VM44
    VM44
    "Jehovah's Witnesses don't change their teachings"

Ha! I believe that as far as I can throw the Great Pyramid of Giza!

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

They couldn't even keep it the same for a bound volume from a Watchtower.

Faithful in least...

Those witnesses are some crazy sheep... gotta keep that cake on the treadmill...you can get it...yes you can!

• minimus
    minimus

"There is no servant in the world as good as a good Colored servant".....So the Faithful Slave is "colored"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit