1914: Jehovah's Witnesses Proudly Proclaim when Jesus became King

by JWMediaFilms 28 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Thank you for the excellent video.

My JW father told me that "even if 1914 is off by a few years" he still wants to be a JW. This thinking illustrates how controlled they really are. Dates/facts/reality/Scriptures -- none of it matters. Status with the Borg matters.

• JWMediaFilms
    JWMediaFilms

They may have published that they changed their teaching, but they are still teaching the same things in a round-about way. They still teach the first resurection happened:

Watchtower 2007 1/1 p. 28 par. 12 “The First Resurrection”—Now Under Way ***

"Could it, then, be reasoned that since Jesus was enthroned in the fall of 1914, the resurrection of his faithful anointed followers began three and a half years later, in the spring of 1918? That is an interesting possibility. Although this cannot be directly confirmed in the Bible, it is not out of harmony with other scriptures that indicate that the first resurrection got under way soon after Christ’s presence began."

What they are teaching now is the same thing, they just put a mask on it.

• JWoods
    JWoods

One thing I always wondered about this 1914 nonsense is why World War One was considered such a much more significant event than World War Two. This makes no sense - WW1 did nothing but prepare the way in Europe for the much (by orders of magnitude) more devastating WW2 -

And yet - NO WONDERFUL CHRONOLOGY, no specific bible fulfillment, NOTHING about the far more significant WW2. Except for some vague references by the Judge Rutherford that Hitler would probably win.

This is getting far more silly by the year, as most schoolkids probably remember WW1 about as well as they remember Napoleon or the War of 1812.

Right up there with the 7 trumpet blasts being speeches given by Rutherford in such out of the way conventions as Dayton freaking Ohio. Good thing God preserved those scriptural scrolls all these centuries, just to prove a marker that such a wonderful speech could be given out in the cornfields to a few thousand true believers, and then to be forgotten by everyone - including the descendants of the true believers.

Time long past to play the B.S. card on all this.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

They may have published that they changed their teaching, but they are still teaching the same things in a round-about way.

Not about the timing of the sun, moon and stars darkening/falling, they're not, and that was the inaccurate part of the video.

Yes, they haven't changed the timing of the first resurrection - even couching it in '1918 is an interesting possibility' doesn't change what every JW believes about it.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I have used the 1914 and 1919 dates to show how the JW doctrines are NOT based in biblical scripture, pretty much in line with what AGuest wrote.

Not only do they pull the calcs to get to 1914 out of their butts with chopsticks, there is no biblical passage to warrant a belief that the second coming of Christ is a "known day" much less that he will first come "invisibily".

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Wanting Truth... the greatest of love and peace to you! I read your post and my spirit bears witness with its truth with one exception, which I am compelled by holy spirit to address and I do so in a sincere spirit of love (Acts 18:26): one of your comments seems to suggest that we can/are sanctified by means of God's word as it comes through Christ. You stated:

However, Jesus Himself said regarding to all His Father's word (including the written word in the O. T. ) :

John 17:17. "Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. "

I understand how it may seem, particularly to those who believe the Bible is God's [written] word, that we can be sanctified by means of what is contained therein. But, in truth, that is not accurate, dear one, and I am led by the Holy Spirit to present the following to help you see what IS accurate, if you have ears to hear:

1. The verse you quoted does not refer to any written word, but to Christ himself:

a. Sanctify them by means of the Truth... John 17:17

b. I am... the Truth... John 14:6

c. That HE might sanctify the people with HIS OWN BLOOD... Hebrews 13:12

d. Your Word is Truth... John 17:17

e. So the Word became flesh and [temporarily] resided among us... and HE was full of TRUTH." John 1:14

2. God's only "written" word was the Law Covenant inscribed on stone tablets at Sinai. True, there is "scripture" but that is not God's "written" word, nor is all of the Bible (OT or NT) "scripture. "Scripture" is that which men wrote as they were borne along by holy spirit (i.e., actually IN spirit) and TOLD to write. God used to speak to His people by means of the Prophets, who wrote and used scripture. Our Lord himself, by means of whom God now speaks to us, is recorded to state what was "scripture" when he resided in the flesh: Moses, the Psalms, and the Prophets (Luke 24:27, 32, 44, 45). Ezra was not a prophet but a copyist/historian, Mordecai a memorialist, etc. Thus, records, histories, and chronicles are not "scripture." After my Lord's residency, the only "scripture" is John's "gospel" and the Revelation given him as John was the ONLY apostle TOLD to write and the ONLY one who confessed to being "in spirit" when he did so (Revelation1:2; 22:6; 1:11, 19; 21:5). All the other books are merely recollected versions and letters, whcih is why they sometimes disagree, in substance and in form. Indeed, Luke's accounts (his gospel and the Acts of the Apostles) were not only not inspired, but not even commissioned by God. Luke received his information from those he interviewed, which he did as the direction of Theophilus, not God (Luke 1:1-4; Acts 1:1). The Law at Sinai was the only thing the Most Holy One of Israel "wrote" Himself. Even the Book of Remembrance was written up "before" Him, but not directly by Him. Exodus 31:18; Malachi 3:16

I share this with you as I am also compelled by holy spirit to share the following scriptures with you, in the hopes that you have ears to hear and get the sense of what our Lord meant:

"You are searching the scriptures because you think thatby means of THEM you will have everlasting life; and these are the very ones that bear witness about ME. And yet, you do not want to come to ME that you may have life." John 5:29, 40

"Come to ME all you who are toiling and loaded down." "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to ME..." John 7:37

May the undeserved kindness and mercy of our Heavenly Father, the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, and the love and peace of His Son and Christ, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, be upon you... you and your entire household... if you so wish it.

I am your servant, as I am servant to ALL those of the Household of God, Israel, and those who go with, and a fellow slave of Christ,

SA

• JWoods
    JWoods

say WHAT ???

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

So the society teaches that the great tribulation started in 1914? New one to me.

Paul

• Nostromo
    Nostromo

As other have said the video would be good if there the error about Matthew 24:29-31 was not there. That needs to be fixed.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

AGuest,

In line with your view then 1Enoch is scripture, yes?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit