paint and latinos

by John Doe 19 Replies latest jw friends

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

yeppers...in my business when they realize I am latino they say...ah!!! you can give me a descuento then...i'm like, 'no seas guey' --- don't be an ass. ;-)

• beksbks
    beksbks

Hola El Mono!! Como esta usted? Yo soy muy bueno esta noche. Tenia una dia hermosa.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

*barfs*

Priest, I need to bleach my eyeballs after seeing that. Thanks for the nightmare.

J

• beksbks
    beksbks

He's posted that before. I think it must be him. He's hoping for a favorable reaction somewhere.

• John Doe
    John Doe

We all know that's not me. That dude ain't half as handsome.

• Priest73
    Priest73
    He's posted that before. I think it must be him. He's hoping for a favorable reaction somewhere.

Oh you wish that we me beks. I thought we agreed not to speak?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I thought this thread was about paint and latinos? Why can't Latinos paint?

• blondie
    blondie

This works both ways. I grew up in Europe the first 10 years of my life. I was bi-lingual. Many visiting people from the US expected us to speak English and did not speak the native language. Many people in Europe learn at least one other language, usually English, in the equivalent of high school. Others learn even more especially if going into the business field, hotels, restaurants, etc. I found that few people from the US visiting Mexico or other hispanic countries learn Spanish, except a few words to get by. For those who are learning another language for business reasons, good for you.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Many latinos are very flattered by an Americano that takes the trouble to speak to them in their own language. It is a tremendous show of courtesy and respect. I noticed this as a JW. Anglo brothers had greater success in the field service than latino ones did and thick accents only helped.

BTS

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

That's wonderful! My husband, who speaks no Greek, took Greek language lessons right before we went over there to see my relatives. They were TICKLED TO DEATH that he had taken the time to learn the most basic of their language. They absolutely loved him. I, of course, spoke in the most basic of the language and with slang, and so was booted to the side, and told that he would inherit everything they owned. Nice.. So now he gets *all the goats and sheep* and I just get a measly chicken or two...

CG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit