The Gospel is in the fifth chapter of Genesis :)

by Chalam 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Chalam
    Chalam

I make no claim to discovering this. I heard Chuck Missler mention it (I recommend his "The Bible in 24 hours" book or DVD by the way).

Anyhow, the gospel of salvation is within the meaning of the Hebrew names which make up the family tree of Noah.

Name

Meaning
    Adam
    Seth
    Enosh
    Kenan
    Mahalalel
    Jared
    Enoch
    Methuselah
    Lamech
    Noah
    man
    appointed
    mortal
    sorrow
    the blessed God
    shall come down
    teaching
    his death shall bring
    the despairing
    rest or comfort

Putting it all together:

Man (is) appointed mortal sorrow (but) the blessed God shall come down teaching (that) His death shall bring (the) despairing rest.

In short The gospel hidden in Genesis 5

For Chuck's detailed analysis then look here The Gospel In Genesis

Here's an independent cross reference

Generations of Adam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

NameEtymological translation [ 2 ]
    Adam"Man", masculine of adamah, "earth", "ground".
    Seth"Appointed one" ( Genesis 4:25 ), from shith.
    Enos"Mortal frailty", from anash, "sick", "frail", "mournful", "melancholy", "wicked". By analogy to anashim (cf. ben Yehuda, Aramaic Enosh in Daniel), may denote "peoples", alluding to the spreading forth of the population in his day.
    Cainan"Smith"; or "habitation", "possession", "lot", from primitive root qen, "birdsnest".
    Mahalaleel"God be praised", from primitive root "shining forth" and El, "God".
    Jared"Descent", from primitive verb "come down", "prostrate", perhaps alluding to the Watchers that wrongfully descended from heaven among men in his day and led them astray in the Book of Enoch.
    Enoch"Dedication", "discipling", "teaching", from primitive root "train up".
    Methuselah"When he dies, judgment", from muth, "death", and shelach, "send forth", "rest"; or "man of the dart", "spear", "sword", from math, "man", and shelach, "sword"; or "man sent forth"; or "from him sent forth", from me-otho, "from him".
    Lamech"Conqueror", from melekh, "king"; "captive", "slave", "pauper", by relationship to same root.
    Noah"Rest", "comfort", from primitive root nuch, "rest".

All the best,

Stephen

• journey-on
    journey-on

Thank you, Chalam, for sharing this. Very interesting indeed. There are lots of hidden things in the Torah I am finding out more and more.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I've seen that and was blown away!

Thanks for sharing it with the board.

When the final unveiling comes, I'll bet we are in for a showstopping surprise!

Sylvia

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

That's cool. While I don't put belief in hidden meanings, I sure enjoy them.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Wow! This is the first time I've seen this!

Bookmarked, and this is getting emailed if you don't mind.

BTS

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hey cool! I am all for sharing the Gospel :)

Romans 1:16 (New International Version)

16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

All the best,

Stephen

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Just another way of keeping us distressed so God can dangle "deliverance" ahead of us. If not for God, there would be no distress to "deliver" us from in the first place--we would have figured it out, but each time we are almost there, God has to do something to prevent us from going all the way.

Why? Simple: To extort concessions out of us. That "deliverance", even though it never actually comes, has a price tag. You are supposed to give up all your fun and serve God--whether by going into a monastery to waste your whole life in God worship, going door to door to spread the message, or giving up everything that is fun, this "deliverance" scam is costing you time and money. It also keeps people stagnant (which God really wants), holds us down from real progress that could have set us free from God (also serves God's nefarious purposes), and gives that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag absolute control of who is going to get their needs fulfilled (and written in the Bible, in lieu of future fulfillments, to showcase God's illusion of generosity) and who is not (those examples never get put in the Bible, unless that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag is somehow able to make those people look like s*** before refusing to fulfill them).

The "appointed mortal sorrow" is nothing more than the problem that God created for us to put us in this situation. (In doing so, God Himself had to initiate force on us to create the mortal sorrow.) Then He "solves" the problem by creating another problem (someone had to die), and puts a high price tag (in order for us to benefit, we have to waste our lives serving that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag). Notice that the actual deliverance, as promised, never comes.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Very specious. Like the Bible Code, the "hidden gospel" is projected onto the text through a very creative reading of it.

Seth is an obscure name that does not necessarily derive shyt "to place, put"; often in Genesis the word play reflects paronomasia rather than etymology.

Enosh is not simply "mortal" but usually "mortal man".

Kenan is given as "sorrow", but in the detailed explanation the name is explicated as meaning "smith"; or "habitation", "possession", "lot", from primitive root qen, "birdsnest". (Not sure if that is even accurate) What does all of that have to do with "sorrow"; where does "sorrow" come from??? In fact, Kenan is a clear parallel to Cain/Kayin in the similar list in ch. 4 and the meaning there is "smith".

Mahalaleel means "praise of God" or "one who praises God", not "God be praised" AFAIK, and "the blessed God" is one step removed further. It is the counterpart of Mehujael in ch. 4.

Jared if Hebrew would possibly mean "descend" but this spelling is a variant of the parallel name Irad in ch. 4. As for Irad (`yrd), his father built a "city" (`yr); this is likely another case of paronomasia. If Jared is a form of this name, it is far from certain what the meaning is. If it is not Hebrew, then it could mean "servant" or "courageous".

Enoch is a geniune Hebrew name from a root meaning "to train, dedicate", and probably means something like "founder" or "foundation". "Teaching" is rather different.

Methuselah does not mean "death shall bring" or "when he dies judgment". The name is a variant of Methushael (possibly "man of God" but more likely "man of Sheol" or "man who inquires") in ch. 4. The meaning of Methuselah is "man of Shelah," but it is uncertain what Shelah is; it could be a place, the name of a god, or a "something sent forth", like a dart or a spear. The dubious translation in the OP seems to take the first element as derived from the Hebrew word for "death" (mwt) and the second as meaning "shall bring" instead of the correct "something sent forth".

Lamech is possibly the most obscure of all these names, without any Hebrew etymon. It is thus usually linked to Akkadian or Arabic. The "despairing" translation given in the OT is not based on any genuine etymology but rather derives from a very late rabbinical interpretation of the name as reversing the first two letters of mlk "king", with a supposed opposite meaning of "pauper, poor person", hence, the OP's "despairing". This creative, interpretive reading has nothing to do with what the name actually originally meant in Hebrew. Even worse, the linked article goes further and links the word to English lament, which again has no relation whatsoever.

• jabberwock
    jabberwock

The Gospel has also been found in the signs of the Zodiac

Witness of the Stars

Gospel in the Stars

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello Leolaia,

My guess from reading your post is that you did not read this page for which I posted a link in my original post?

If not can I draw your attention to it please?

All the best,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit