Life experiences in the Jehovah Witnesses

by CanadianExJw 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• CanadianExJw
    CanadianExJw

Hello there,
    I have a Interesting story, and I can't believe other JW's cannot open their eyes to the destruction that this organization can perform on a family.
    I was raised as Jehovah Witness, all of my younger pictures would show white knuckled clutching a Pink book called Paradise lost, Paradise regained. I couldn't read yet, but the beautiful illustrated and colourful pictures drew me to it being my favorite book. We would regularly attend the meetings, my dad would be travelling around a lot, and always joined the congregation in the new town that we moved into.
    My mom and Dad were in the Organization for about 30 years, and dad was a Pioneer. Both mom and dad had a hard time disfranchising them selves, from the Organization. I think Mom lost her faith, when a member of the Organization told her that she was having Satan's baby, and she should abort it, since she wouldn't have any time to Pioneer if she had another one.
    Dad followed what ever Mom thought, they would get phone calls, and JW's coming to the house, so we moved again, and this time we didn't join the new town's hall. But they still found us, what a network, they Hunt you down, so you can't escape, so that you don't lose your brainwashing.
    Finally we moved out to a Camp where dad was working, they couldn't find us there away in the Wilderness. After being away from Society, for 3 years, and then moving back to the original town that we came from, the JWS spared no time in finding us again. Mom holds on the the King James Version of the Bible, and preaches to them until they leave. (I guess that is the only way to get rid of them?) They visit every wednesday, and Mom has fun preaching to them, until they leave. I think there is a big black mark on our house, don't go there you will get brainwashed..."smile". Someone tells me that they put a black mark on your house, then only let experienced JW's go to your house. After hearing that I did notice only elderly JW's were popping by.
    As I grew up, I started to watch them. There was a Elderly gentlemen that was a very devout Christian, his wife was a JW, and let them build a Kingdom Hall on a portion of his land. The Wife passed away but he still allowed them to hold meetings on the lady, in memory of her. He was getting ill, and he was admitted to an extended care home, mom and I would go and visit him, and he was pretty sick for about 2 months, with pneumona. It didn't take very long for the Overseers to here that he was in a Care home, and immediately moved in on him. With a JW's Lawyer, A JW Medical Doctor, they deemed him Unfit to take care of his affairs. Moved in on his property, and put it up for Auction. At the Auction there was his car, that was auctioned off, and a Lady had bid on it. The lady came to pick up her car that she had bid on, and it was gone, they told her sorry, it was given to the Overseer. We went to visit him in the Care home, and he was getting remarkable better, and expressed his need to return home, we couldn't believe that they done this to him. Sold his land from under neath him.
    Now as I grow up, I meet this wonderful man, we see each other for about 6 months, and I brake down and tell him our family was Jehovah Witnesses. He steps on the brakes of the truck, since I told him while we were driving, and says to me, "my family is JW's too!". Now that was strange.
    He was no longer in the JW's either, but his older brothers were and one was discommunicated. He said he just dropped out because he seen some things that did seem right. So we exchange horror stories. Seems like one of the Elders daughters was sleeping with everyone, and the Organization wouldn't do anything about it since she was an Elders daughter.
    So as life goes on, we get married, but in the back of our minds, we are still not totally unbrainwashed from the organization, so we try to help ourselves, know that there is a future, and God is not going to come down, and Destroy everything. It is a hard mindset to get out of .
    My husbands oldest brother riddled with Guilt and suffers from unbelievable depression, shoots himself, and puts us all into shock. The destruction that this organization had done, I can't believe they are allowed to operate.!! His family is still in there, and you can't seem to get them out, he still wants contact with his family, so we are still bombarded by this ignorance.
    I can tell more horror stories, but when we are losing our family to suicide, to anyone that is reading this story and is still in the Organization. Pull your blindfolds off, and quit hiding behind your Bethel bible, and talking in riddles, and come back to the real world, and you not going to have a seat reserved to Paradise, if you are in this organization. Thank you for this web site, I show it to as many open eyed EX'Jws as I can to show them the Debauchery.
    Thanks for reading my story.
    Canadian JW, in healing.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I just finished reading your story, and it is much like so many of us here. My father took his life because of the JW religion. Like you, I wish the rest of the JW would wake up to the facts. Anyway, welcome, and I hope you hang around.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

Jeremy's Hate Mail Hall Of Fame.
    http://hometown.aol.com/onjehovahside/ and [email protected]

• CanadianExJw
    CanadianExJw

Thank you very much for your post.
    I am sorry about your Dad. They should be held accountable for their actions. I wish there is more help for the discommunicated, and the disenfranchised, since they make you believe it is your only world, and you will surely go to a rotten place, if you are not with us.
    My sister is deciding to go back, since it seems like they make you feel there is no one out there but them that are your friends, but they use you. There is no friends, in the Organizations that we have been in, it is worse then a badly done soap Opera.
    I will show this site to her, and am visiting her ever day, and getting others to visit, so that she knows the she has friends on this side.
    I have gotten her out once, and shall do it again. The first time, they wouldn't let her speak to me or our mother, she wasn't allowed to read anything from us. She finally agreed to speak with us, and we persuaded her to come with us for a holiday, that was the only way to get her away.
    Thank you so much for Replying. The more support the better, and please give me any pointers, that we can use as a family to stay to gether.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Well, as far as any pointers goes, I could suggest another web site for you. This particular site got me over the hump so to speak.
    http://goto.beyondjw.com/

In it there are two chapters, "Its hard to change-the watchtower view," and "Its hard to change-a personal view." Another chapter titled "Now what" is a good one.

As far as the family staying together, constant comunication is always key. I am just starting a family, so I am afraid I can't be much help here. I can only wish you the best, and I hope you come back frequently. All I know is life is better on the outside, but trying to convince somebody of that can be hard. First, one must want to get out of the JWs in order for it to happen.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

Jeremy's Hate Mail Hall Of Fame.
    http://hometown.aol.com/onjehovahside/ and [email protected]

• CanadianExJw
    CanadianExJw

My husband is good at detering them he says to them when they come to the door, "Don't come and Preach to me unless you are Riding on a Donkey".

As they drive up in their 60000.00 Dollar Vehicle...:smile

Thanks for the Web site I will check it out.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

((((( CanadianExJw )))) Welcome to the board, and hope to see more of your postings.

BITE ME, WATCHTOWER!!!

• DeniseB
    DeniseB

I'm new at this forum and read your experience. I did not loose any members of my family because of them but 2 teenagers are dead because of them. The first one was the 15y.o. daughter of our JW's neighbours. She hanged herself in the woods behind her school. I have knowed her all her life. Her parents are still out there "preaching the good news". The other one was a young 23y.o. boy whom I had knows since he was 8 years old. He was like a son to me. Moved from our town because he could not stand what was going on here. Was killed in a motorcycle accident. He did not killed himself but he left because of them. Had he stayed here he would still be alive. Like you, I wish I could get everybody out of this congregation. Funny thing is that they don't send anyone to visit us anymore. What a relief.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Welcome to CanadianExJW and DeniseB.

I also know of other JWs who have killed themselves. So much for "God's happy people"!

• butalbee
    butalbee

It's the most depressing way of life I have every been subject to. I felt like I had nothing in the world to live for except for the end of the world. I can't imagine being brought up as a child like that.

Today another bunch of pioneers came to my door, they know who I am and where I live, they're just checking up on me, I have never had so many witnesses come to my house before I "attempted" to convert...which drove me crazy, totally mental...and now they come couple times a week. I know they are spying on me, wondering what I'm doing, if I'm still seeing my ex, following me around town, hounding me at my job, at the supermarket, calling me up on the phone. I really don't know what is going on, but this is harrassment, it's like there's no excape. If I had to spend the rest of my life in that hell I would definitely put a gun to my head, I am very sorry to say this, but JW did not have a very positive effect on me, it totally messed up my entire outlook on life, and I am struggling to heal. My ex's wicked witch of a sister in law, called me up the other day, she knows how I feel, she said, "the truth hurts, doesn't it?" If hell is on earth, it's portal is at the kingdom hall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit