JWs still working for their salvation?

by sacolton 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

PS and sacolton

I believe the works are a sign of our calling by God. They really aren't "ours"

Eph 2:10

For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

• Chalam
    Chalam

I agree with Farkel

:When does a JW know he/she has performed enough works to have eternal life?

They don't. Keep 'em in a treadmill eternal hustling and self-doubt. Works every time. That's the beauty of it!

Farkel

In fact my JW friend agrees. The most poignant thing he said to me regarding being a JW was "I hope I am doing enough to have my name in the book of life".

He is totally blind to meaning of these verses

Ephesians 2:8-9 (New International Version)

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

2 Timothy 1:9 (New International Version)

9 who has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,

Titus 3:5 (New International Version)

5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,

All the best, Stephen

• parakeet
    parakeet

JWs aren't working for their salvation. They're working for the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Ws aren't working for their salvation. They're working for the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

Well a worker deserves his wages Luke 10:7 1 Timothy 5:18 How much are the WT&BTS paying?

Romans 6:23 (New International Version)

23 For the wages of sin is death,

Looks like minimum wage :(

Jesus is paying top $$$ :)

Romans 6:23 (New International Version)

23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Best get working for Him and become one of Jesus' Witnesses Acts 1:8 Acts 2:32 Acts 3:15 Acts 22:14-16 Acts 10:40-44 Revelation 2:13 Even the Father is a witness to Jesus John 8:18 John 5:37 And the Holy Spirit is a witness to Jesus John 15:26 John the Baptist was also a witness to Jesus John 1:7 John 1:8 No surprise that "Jehovah's Witnesses" are a total minority. All the best, Stephen

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

I love that, Deputy Dog! Soli Deo GLoria!

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

sacoulton: "I used to clean the Kingdom Hall. Was that considered "good works"?"

Did you get it punched on your time card?

Isn't that why WT makes you keep time cards ...so you can prove to Jesus that he owes you for what you did?

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

JWs aren't working for their salvation. They're working for the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

True - especially since Christ allegedly isn't their mediator anyway, not that many of them realise the 'fact'! Don't they only get saved by associating with the FDS?

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

No witness intellectually believes they are "Working" for their salvation by "obeying" God. They beleive that you are in a "Saved" condition so long as you do what is required and do not grieve the Holy Spirit by a willful practice of sin despite correction. So, if you remain clean and obedient, then Chirst's sacrifice is activated in your case. To do otherwise is to reject the spirit of the free gift. It always made sense to me. Of course I viewed it as above and felt that unless I practiced sin unrepentantly I was good. I never suffered from excessive guilt over errors. Also it always stuck in my mind and heart that we are all under "Undeserved Kindness". That always impressed me. So, not working for salvation, working to show appreciation for it. Sadly the WT has turned those works from kindness to others to Magazine placement and counting hours. Morons. W.Once

• sacolton
    sacolton

Yup. Their association with the annointed 144,000 is a grand priviledge. The dead 144,000 in Heaven are their mediators.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

AuntBee

I love that, Deputy Dog! Soli Deo GLoria!

Thanks! I can see we get along just fine.

Are you going to the:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/meetups/180974/1/WITNESSES-NOW-FOR-JESUS-CONVENTION-October-16-18-2009

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit