A Question for Blue Grass

by marmot 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• marmot
    marmot

Since I noticed you seem to take particular offense at atheism or anything that contradicts a literal interpretation of the Bible, could you explain to me your view of Noah's flood?

Because that's the fable that made me stop believing in the god of the bible.

• Blue Grass
    Blue Grass

Whether the flood was global or just in the middle east area is irrelevant. The point is all human beings except Noah and his sons and their wives were saved. As far as physical evidence is concerned, we know that there is evidence that some mountains in Turkey(I think) were fully submerged under water which would support the view of the flood being located only where the human population was. On the other hand we know that the earth is at least 70% water and if the ice caps in the north and south pole were to melt the earth would be fully submerged underwater. So there is some evidence for either view. No matter how it happened I do believe a flood destroyed mankind.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

And WHEN do you think that happened?

• megs
    megs

ML, I'm gonna say around 6,000 years ago?

• Blue Grass
    Blue Grass

MissingLink it would be impossible for me to know that.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

what about the Aboriginal peoples, the Inca/Aztec Indian peoples, the Sumerian Peoples, if clear evidence supports the fact that the Aboriginal peoples have been in existence for 20,000 odd years, then the flood is clearly flawed, also the Ice Core studies prove this, there is mountains of evidence(pun not meant) that mankind was far from destroyed in fact on the contrary some civilisations prospered even more pre/post flood.

• Blue Grass
    Blue Grass

Jookbeard I dont understand what you're saying. You speak of these "Aboriginal people" as if the're not human. How can you trace a certain group of people 20,000 years back and not others? Even science agrees that all mankind comes from one man.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

there a very few races on the Earth that stem back that far, the Aboriginal/Sumer people's probably being the only ones, and I believe them to be very human, and what man? the man that lived in a garden of Eden, was given a companion, who was deceived by a serpent, ate a fruit she shouldn't have done,and grew old and died? wonder what scientists believe that?

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Was the flood global? Of course not. Should every part of the Bible be interpreted literally? Of course not.

• Blue Grass
    Blue Grass

Sorry Jookbeard, you're wrong on all counts. It's already been proven via DNA that all humans stem from one man. This is one instance where the Bible and science agree 100%.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit