Left behind

by PSacramento 41 Replies latest social entertainment

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

AuntBee

Have you ever checked out historic premil?

The first Left Behind book i found so superficial, horrible writing, etc. But still love pre-trib rapture people, and some are my close friends. :)

It's hard to find a church without a few here in NJ. I can love them, but they have a real hard time with me.

• villabolo
    villabolo

I saw the first three on VHS and it was as horrid as Plan 9 From Outer Space. They do have an outrageusly funny scene (I forget which video) in which a demon possesed horse smiles in the most wicked and human way. That reminded me of the old series Mr. Ed. I haven't watched the following series but I'm guessing they've gotten more professional.

I would recommend it nonetheless so you can gain insight of the psychotic state of mind its producers and tens of millions of readers/watchers are in.

villabolo

Edited: After watching that short clip of you tube this doesn't seem to be the Left Behind Series I watched many years ago.

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

Deputy - hm, that does sound familiar, i think i've heard of that on blogs and such. Never delved into it.

"they have a real hard time with me." major LOL! If the convo goes to prophecy, just quickly change the subject to the Iconoclastic Controversy or something.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

What is really horrifying is that some of the jackasses responsible for writing the story and producing the movie are now in control of some of our government policies....along with a bunch of other liars and religious nutjobs.

That's right, folks. Take a look at who is making policy for this country.

The author of the Left Behind series, Tim LaHaye is a Director on the Board of the Council for National Policy .....

along with Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson, Rev. Sun Myung Moon (remember "the Moonies"?),....(all board members)

not to mention the Amway people and their religious diversion for money laundering....and of course, the parents of Blackwater CEO and mercenary whassisname. Fine christian examples. And well qualified to run the country.

Where do you think all the false flag terror propaganda is coming from? Wake up and smell the coffee!!!

• Chalam
    Chalam

The pre-tribulation rapture is not found in scipture anywhere. The whole movie is bad.

Deputy Dog-that's pretty dogmatic. Can I ask what is found in scripture?

All the best,

Stephen

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

cameo-d

along with Jerry Falwell

Wow! And he's been dead for how many years now?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Chalam

Deputy Dog-that's pretty dogmatic. Can I ask what is found in scripture?

Well, you seem to know the bible as well as I do. I just can't find one verse that says "Jesus could come at any moment".

AuntBee

Deputy - hm, that does sound familiar, i think i've heard of that on blogs and such. Never delved into it

I find it works well for me.

• Chalam
    Chalam

OK try these verses for starters.

Matthew 24:36-37 (New International Version)

The Day and Hour Unknown

36 "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. Not even Jesus knows when He is coming so if you believe the conditions are the same now as it was in Noah's day it could be at any moment? One thing I have learnt is not to be too dogmatic about secondary doctrinal issues, especially those which have not happened.

I am sitting on the pre/mid/post tribulation rapture fence as I see verses which point to largely a pre or post trib rapture. I don't think in one sense it matter too much. The difference is only seven years max. For sure, it will be seven years like the earth has never seen though! The overhwleming majority of Christians believe in the rapture. The word originates in the Latin Vulgate bible from the fourth century raptura Vulgate but the doctrine is clearly in the bible in multiple verses. Anyhow, have a read up and see what you think. Start here if you like Rapture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia All the best, Stephen
  • Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Chalam

36 "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.

Context, Context, Context.

Unless I missed something this didn't happen yet did it.

Mat 24:29 "But immediately after the tribulation of those days THE SUN WILL BE DARKENED, AND THE MOON WILL NOT GIVE ITS LIGHT, AND THE STARS WILL FALL from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 "And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the SON OF MAN COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF THE SKY with power and great glory. 31 "And He will send forth His angels with A GREAT TRUMPET and THEY WILL GATHER TOGETHER His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other. 32 "Now learn the parable from the fig tree: when its branch has already become tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near; 33so, you too, when you see all these things, recognize that He is near, right at the door. 34 "Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place. 35 "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away. 36 "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone. 37 "For the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah.

Learn the parable from the fig tree.

Most pre-tribbers teach this passage isn't about the rapture anyway. Many try to say this is Armageddon

I'm still looking for the words "Jesus could come at any moment."

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Deputy Dawg: "

cameo-d

along with Jerry Falwell

Wow! And he's been dead for how many years now?"

I suppose he got an early resurrection...being so close to god and all.....that's all I can figure cos his name is still on the list. Not sure when it was last updated, but you can click the link in my post for more info.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit