Steve Hassan was on Anderson Cooper last evening (31 August 2009)

by insearchoftruth 17 Replies latest jw friends

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

I did not have a chance to watch the show, but recorded it for future viewing. He was to be discussing the kidnapping case in CA, shall be interesting to hear what he has to say.

• dinah
    dinah

I watched it. That man knows his stuff!

That whole case is disturbing. Did you hear some of the kidnapper scum's neighbors called the police to report there were children in tents in his backyard and the police NEVER even checked it out? He was a registered sex offender. Neighbors called the police to report CHILDREN on his property. The police never even bothered to follow up on it. What's the point in paying their salaries if they can't do any better than that?

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

I read somewhere that the wife of the kidnapper was in some way associated with the JWs...is that true.

I hope to watch this with my wife tonight....this may be a good path to bring home CCMC by Hassan....just interested in things he has to say.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Damn I wish I hadn't missed this.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Let's hope a YouTube clip surfaces.

I will be eternally grateful to Hassan. Reading his book ridded me of the fear of Armageddon, once and for all.

Highly recommended.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Don't even know how I found out about it....think I saw a clip saying he would be on during the football game on ESPN.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2009/08/31/faqs-on-%e2%80%9cmind-control%e2%80%9d/ provides a bit of the information.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

uploading right now bitches.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

You're on the ball, WAC.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

at least half an hour remaining .... it should be up by this afternoon.

• JWoods
    JWoods

I seems like EVERYBODY failed this girl at one point or another. The court system that let him out, The police who were actually called out that he was holding kids in tents in his back yard, the parole officer who never even checked him out in about 17 years!!!, the neighbors who let him just hang out on their property all that time, yes - perhaps even the girl's parents or guardians who could have held everybody's feet to the fire more to find their girl.

Most of all, of course, the guy and his wife that did this. (Provided the wife is of competent mental order, which could be a real question...)

Well, everybody except the two lady campus cops who spotted him and made something happen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit