My Story ..A Walk Through The Garden. part 1

by radar 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Radar,

Nice to see such an open and honest account, thank you.

Unlike you, I never enjoyed the meetings and I totally detested field service. Yet, when my life seemed drab, my PO convinced me that I was down because I was not doing enough. So, I became a pioneer!

Let me tell you that I lasted for 6 months, I never ever made my targets and I got even more depressed. Until I realised that your mental health rests on 3 main criteria:

How you view yourself.

How you view the world around you.

How you view your future.

And the rest, Matey, is history!

Mike.

Bring on the dancing girls!

• ISP
    ISP

Hi good one radar, I got baptised the same year as you! Looking forward to hearing part 2!

ISP

• Celtic
    Celtic

Thankyou Radar, enjoyed reading your views, very well put. Bring on the rest.

Peace

Celtic

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN

Radar wrote:

When a person genuinely gives, he does so, without taking account of it.

As often as I've considered just how really unChristian and legalistic time reporting is and any accounting of Christian contributing in whatever form it takes, this statement of yours helped me to realize an even more profound meaning of Jesus' counsel to those who would be Christ-like: Not only should our "giving" and "doing" not be reported to an organization or to one another so as to record and prove our "Christian-ness", but we should not ourselves even be keeping account for ourselves what giving we do to/for others as a sort of self congratulatory ledger to review and preen over. My own left hand should not know even what my own right hand is giving. Clearly if I do not itemize for myself my giving and doing in order to impress myself with my good deeds, I am unable to do so so as to impress others---just as it should be.

Obviously this is what Jesus meant and I puzzle that I never got it before---or got it mostly in the sense of not trumpeting to others what we give to and do for others. 'Course mostly my pitiful excuse for that is because up until very recently, I let all of Jesus' words be interpreted for me by others. Your few words here sparked for me a much-expanded revelation of what genuine giving is.

Thanks, looking forward to part 2.

-AMNESIAN

• Englishman
    Englishman

C'mon, Radar, let's have the next bit.

I don't know how anyone could be so cruel that they would serialise their posts. Ha ha!

Englishman.

Bring on the dancing girls!

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Radar,

A fine post...one that I think especially apt for many new posters, and those lurking, or studying with the JW's.

Am looking forward to Part 2 - bring it on!

• radar
    radar

Englishman

My motto: If something works then don't fix it.

Thank you all for your comments, pleae keep on reading.

Radar

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit