Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 08-30-09 WT Study (STEWARD)

by blondie 23 Replies latest jw friends

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Actually Blondie, the Witchtower appears to be moving toward the idea (I doubt they will ever say it explicitly) that WT teachings as printed in the litterature are inspired.

Do you remember the WT article that said we must obey the bible and christian teachings that HAVE BECOME part of the Bible?

Since the Bible they use was finalised by the middle ages, and they teach that only since Russell has the truth been taught, they must mean WT publications.

Thanks again for your unstinting dedication to this onerous task.

HB

• trebor
    trebor

Great job as usual, Blondie!

hamsterbait, here's the quote and citation you mean:

Our coming to know "the truth" - the entire body of Christian teachings that has become part of the Bible - and adhering to it are essential for our salvation. - Watchtower December 15 2008, pg 28. (emphasis added)

-Trebor

• carla
    carla

Are jw's aware of this quote? and what would they say to this today?

Our coming to know "the truth" - the entire body of Christian teachings that has become part of the Bible - and adhering to it are essential for our salvation. - Watchtower December 15 2008, pg 28. (emphasis added)

• Norcal_Sun
    Norcal_Sun

My mother wanted me to attend this watchtower study on Sunday. I wanted to go to get the information because it intrigued me, but now I can just find it online!! I wanted to read it to be able to open a dialog with my mom. She told me what a "wonderful" lesson it was.

Man oh man, what a bunch of BS. I love the paragraphs where they make the wild claims by comparing the GB to the elder body in a congregation. Tell me again where any of this is in the bible?

I would agree that this article seems to be going in line with the "generation" change. I also find the holy spirit comment very interesting and of course downright incorrect according to their own doctrine. Are they trying to discourage people from desiring to be anointed, so maybe some "confused" ones will stop partaking? Now that they have changed the meaning of "this generation" I bet people will be keeping a sharp eye on the memorial partaker numbers every year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit