And death will be know more!

by the sage 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

We can take comfort, Jehovah has promised. Rev 21:4

The Sage,

Well I see that you have taken the usual flack but like Blues Brothers said: “What is the point?” Is the point that this scripture applies to JW’s and they are the only ones in good stead with Jehovah? Are they the only ones to enjoy such a blessed reward? Where is the proof? Now I see a promise like this in the texts: Rev. 21:3 . . . Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. But I do not see Jehovah’s witnesses mentioned in it anywhere. So how do you know that it will apply to them or you? What have you or Jehovah’s witnesses done to fulfill the requirement described simply as overcome? Rev. 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. Since this verse deals with the individual involved and not a collective group belonging to some belief system, how is it that any church can take such verses and apply them to their organization? And look at this: Rev 21:24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. Again I do not see Jehovah’s witnesses mentioned or even words like anointed or holy ones. The word Nations does not even indicate that the participants are believers yet they somehow made it into the book of life. Disciples are called holy ones or saints. So what does this mean? Are there good people in among the Nations that are apart from true believers and disciples to which such verses are targeted? Rev 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb’s book of life. Are Jehovah’s witnesses free from such condemnation, free from lie’s, undefiled, not an abominaton? Was their teaching that 1935 was some sort of turning point and partaking of the Emblems was no longer a requirement for the vast majority of them a truth? They admit now that they were wrong but still do not open it up for every believer. And think of all those that lived and died among those that believed this lie? And since the scriptures teach that Christ will return bodily and the Witnesses do not, who is right? The men in white robes of the Watchtower? Take something simple like Judas. Did Judas partake of the memorial bread and wine? The Watchtower says no but the scriptures say: Luke 22: 19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. 20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you. 21 But, behold, the hand of him that betrayeth me is with me on the table. 22 And truly the Son of man goeth, as it was determined: but woe unto that man by whom he is betrayed! 23 And they began to enquire among themselves, which of them it was that should do this thing. And this was not even the first time that they argued among themselves that night. Blues Brothers wanted to know the point or your remark and I would like to know as well. Who is wrong on something so simple and can determine who benefits from such a text? Luke or the Watchtower? Or put another way was it Jesus or the Watchtower? Is the disregard of our Lord’s clear identification of who was present an abomination. Are we to listen to Jesus or to witnesses to get such truth and why should any of us be comforted?

Joseph

• chickpea
    chickpea

matter

that is what it comes down to

we are all composed of matter
    that is the legacy of exploding stars

untold manifestations contributing
    to the assemblage that is "us",
    destined to pass along through
    to countless other manifestations!

consciousness is the question...
    i suspect it is terminal so i choose
    to live this life as if this is the one
    brush with consciousness available
    for me.... and hope to be wrong!!!

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

(to extort concessions out of us), ........good , got to remember that one

Points to remember about old JOBY :

1. Why didn't he kick that bad talking snake out the Garden of Eden and stop him from

tempting Eve with bitting that apple, damming mankind to suffer death ?

2. During the great flood JOBY killed the entire population on earth except one family, all those deaths didn't seem to bother him then !

3. For thousands of years now mankind has suffered through death, where was JOBY when all these millions died ?

4. Apparently too, in short time he's going to kill a few more billion to add to the list.

A bit of advise don't wait on the mystical god JOBY to correct this perilous human condition or give out your money to people that say they repersent

and work for him directly ( JWS )

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

the sea is no more
    he thalassa ouk estin eti

Death will be no more;
    ho thanatos ouk estai etimourning and crying and pain will be no more
    oute penthos oute kraugè oute ponos ouk estai eti (21;4à

(no) curse will be no more
    pan katathema ouk estai eti (22:3)

night will be no more
    nux ouk estai eti (22:5)

(and, in different context and function):
    time will be no more,
    khronos ouketi estai (10:6)

If anything this recurring pattern may give us some insight into the apocalyptic mind. Its "new world" is not a world at all, more like a frozen picture; eliminating the negative also eliminates motion, becoming, (hi-)story; nothing will happen anymore; the new creation is an anti-creation, doing away with the chaos which precedes creation (sea/ocean and night/darkness in Genesis 1) as well as with the curse which follows it (Genesis 3); "they lived happy ever after" is the end of the story -- the opposite of life actually.

• the sage
    the sage

Hi Joseph!

There is a scripture that gives me the impression I should not answer the majority of the comments I'm getting here. Ma. 7:6.

However, your comment leads me to feel that you might really like to discuss the subject.

One of the forums that have not given up on the bible and God would be prefered.

Would be glad to have a discussion with you on line. by e-mail or by phone.

You have some very thought provoking question would be glad to share my views with you.

The Sage!

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

"Jehovah" killed another one my friends with his silly WT religion.

Sorry Sage, but you picked the wrong time to spew that immature foolish dribble.

Far too many Jehovah's Witnesses end up committing suicide, and I for one, although stricken with great sadness over this latest occurance, am getting sick and tired of hearing about it. Will the madness ever end?

I believe it can, if enough of us will reach out with love to those trapped on the inside.

Peace to all.

The Oracle.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit