new here

by buggerly 23 Replies latest jw friends

• buggerly
    buggerly

Hi

This is my first post. I daed 2 years ago. I was raised in 'the truth' and was rather rudely awakened by the lack of love. This led me to look at what I was raised to believe and WOW! I am not sure where I stand as far as god or my beliefs at this point. All I know is the Jehovah's Witnesses are not the truth. Oh yeah, I grew up in NY, not very far from where the old farts, a.k.a the governing body, are housed. I now live outside NYC in Hoboken. I love reading most of the posts on here.

Sara

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome!

• buggerly
    buggerly

Why thank you kind sir. :) I am not great at keeping up with these forums and posting but I will try. I can't promise to be frequent on here. I will do my best.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Hello, Sara, and welcome to JWN. Since you're so close to NY, did you go visit Teddy after his stroke? LOL!

• buggerly
    buggerly

I did! I went to curse him to death. :) Sorry, I have anger issues related to the religion that robbed my childhood, lied to me, and stole my family.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Welcome, Sara! It's rough finding out you've been lied to about some pretty important stuff. It sends you for a loop! It's also rough having family still believe the tripe and trying to still maintain connection with them but wanting to give them a shake at the same time. Hope you can share some of your story with us.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi Sara, welcome to the forum.

Cheers

Chris

• White Dove
    White Dove

Welcome, Sara! The confusion will clear in time. Just stick around:)

• White Dove
    White Dove

Oh, and a lot of us on here feel the same about the org. that stole our families and childhoods and cultures. You are in good company.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome!!!!

I was "in" more than thirty years. My parents were not witnesses, and hated them. They died before I could tell them I no longer go to the KHall.

We all have sad stories. Glad you are here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit