I need help finding my father

by Megachusen 23 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I don't know your whole story mega. I assume that your father left the 'truth' and the family years ago?

You stated that you had no been allowed to speak to him - do you mean due to being a Jw yourself? Or was the family forcing the issue?

Just curious. Not seeking to pry. Just trying to form a mental picture.

Yes, that should be an interesting first conversation indeed. Many churches have several pastors on staff, so I hope you included his name in the message.

Looking forward to hearing how that call goes.

Jeff

• Megachusen
    Megachusen

"You stated that you had no been allowed to speak to him - do you mean due to being a Jw yourself? Or was the family forcing the issue?"

Both. My Dad tried to contact me when I was younger but my Mother wouldn't let him. Then, as I got older, I began to despise him because of what I had been told to think of apostates. Oh, the irony.

The courts, as they often do, gave my Mother full costudy of me. I haven't seen him since I was 4.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Good luck to you.

Wouldn't it be bizarre if he has posted on this board at some point? Stranger things have happened.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Good luck Megachusen. I successfully tracked down my father back in 02. I lodged a few advertisements through some online advertising agencies. One of his co-workers saw my ad... I was separated from my dad because of the Watchtower as well... he was spiritual opposition TM to my mother returning.

Hope everything goes well.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

How exciting...please keep us posted. And good luck with the reunion!

lisa

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Congrats and good luck!

• MrsPeaches
    MrsPeaches

oh please let us know how you go and i hope that you two can mend bridges and reunite!

• troubled mind
  • JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I'm riveted to find out what happens next!

• AdaMakawee
    AdaMakawee

Good luck with this. My brother lost his daughter when he left too and didn't see her from the time she was around 4 years old until she was around 19 or so. She had been told all kinds of lies about him. Amazingly enough, they have developed a great relationship. But it was heartache for him for all those years never knowing if he would ever see her again.

I'll check back on this thread to see you you make out.

Ada

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit