Attn New York Residents: Help Change Child Abuse Laws

by blondie 5 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• blondie
    blondie
    Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests
    Dear SNAP Members and Supporters:

We are being asked to help survivors in New York state who are working with lawmakers to change the law there to both protect children and to help survivors heal.

You don't need to live in New York state to help. While only folks who live in New York can actually sign on, we are asking you to think of everyone you know. If you know anyone in New York please ask them to participate. Also, ask your friends and relatives if they know anyone in New York and if they would ask them to help.

We are looking for any one who lives in New York to go to the website:
    www.nychildvictimsact.org and sign on that they support the bill.
    (If you are on facebook you can access it here: http://www.facebook.com/l/;www.nychildvictimsact.org/ .)

Once someone has signed on an email will automatically be sent to both the Assemblyperson and the Senator for that citizen's district. Emails will go to other key lawmakers from the signer, too.

Obviously, we hope every one of you who lives in the state of New York will sign on in support. We ask that you ask every one you know in New York to do the same.

It only takes a couple of minutes and makes a difference. This petition campaign has been going on now for several weeks and many lawmakers have already remarked about the impact of it.

We have been told that they really need more signers from Syracuse, Rochester, Suffolk County Long Island and the Bronx.

In a related concern we are looking for information about predators who have legally changed their names. Know of any? If yes, please send an email to: [email protected] with "Name change" in the subject line.

Thanks for your help on this and all you do to help survivors!

Gratefully,

Barbara Blaine
    SNAP President
  • blondie
    blondie

I guess no one qualifies for this especially in New York. SNAP has fought the Catholic Church and other religious groups successfully in regard to child abuse (among other types of abuse). They have successfully gotten legislatures to update and improve their laws helping victims that finally can step forward to reveal how cruelly they were treated. If you can help or know someone who can, pass this along.

Blondie

• IWillBeDubbedNoMore
    IWillBeDubbedNoMore

Signed and sent

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Thanks for bringing this to our attention Blondie. If I were a New york resident I would do this.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Done, thanks Blondie. As President of a school board in NYC I am also sending this out to our parents.

Isaac

• trebor
    trebor

Signed. Thanks Blondie for bringing this to our attention.

-trebor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit