Are they ??

by billie jean 11 Replies latest jw friends

• billie jean
    billie jean

Are they slowing coming to an end or 'wrapping it up' ? i heard this the other day and confronted my J.W parents with it, of course they denied it.

• metatron
    metatron

I'm glad to hear someone else suggesting this radical notion, as I've wondered myself. Too many recent changes go beyond simple financial cutbacks. I believe that these sort of organizations ultimately fail because the leadership run out of faith, not the proletariat.

This is how the Soviet Union fell. They woke up collectively and realized that it was all crap.

metatron

• Hikaru
    Hikaru

Wrapping it up as in Great Tribulation and the end? Or as in ending the society?

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

i think in time the USA will start to tax "church" and they are trying to re-adjust finances to get the most out of it

• Hikaru
    Hikaru

Do you mean ending the preaching or what? CLARIFY PLEASE!

• megs
    megs

Hikaru... Will you try to think critically? All I have seen you do on here is look for signs of the end and ask people to confirm it for you. If they say "nope, ain't gonna happen", you look for someone else to validate it.

They are talking about the WTS, not the world, not some "great tribulation"

For God sake's girl, quit acting like such a friggin nut.

• CandleSurgeon
    CandleSurgeon

Do you mean ending the preaching or what? CLARIFY PLEASE!

Yes, clarify please. I'm curious.

CS

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

They are trying to shed failed prophesies without bringing too much attention to it, while at the same time trying to keep up a sense of urgency to keep the donations coming in.

There is no sign of them admitting their failures and shutting down, or of them doing Charlie Manson/Judge Rutherford type actions to bring things to a head by provoking the establishment.

After years of peace, my parents are making a bit of an effort with me at the moment as they see Swine Flu, the economic climate and the message from the current arseEmblies as signs of the end.

Cheers

Chris

• shamus100
    shamus100

Wooooo!!! I'm sooo scared....

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Maybe someone ought to send a message to the taliban telling them that the watchtower are planning to destroy them. Then it shouldn't be too long before they send someone over to Brooklyn to 'wrap things up'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit