What should I do with all my old JW books? ?? Stopped attending 2000

by Latte 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

I took all the books and dvds and wt's that were unmarked back to the KH and left them with a DA Letter and a request for a bill for the remainder of the stuff I did not return! (never got the bill- this would have proved my 'book club theory' correct!) the rest I have just finnished using in my new house to start our open fire place- funny how the mags add a green tinge to the flames.

The only i thing I regret about the books is not burning the lot- now they will just be used to trick someone else into the cult!

• Heaven
    Heaven

If you want to get rid of them fast, you could donate them. I think Randy Watters may be able to help there. If you have a little more time, sell them on eBay. You could use the money to help others... how about donating it to silentlamb.org or freeminds.org or a charity of your choice?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If you are going to sell them on eBay, beware of selling them to witlesses. They are likely to buy them, and then create problems so you will not get your money (and it will probably cost you money instead). Better to sell them to known apostates instead--that are looking for such books to prove that the originals and the reprints are different.

If you don't want the bother of selling them, burning or shredding them is the other option. If you burn them, beware that I have heard of some of the rags having trouble burning. Shredding them means you could use them as gerbil bedding or mulch on your [non-organic] crops (I do not trust them for organic crops because I don't know what crap they use for ink and paper treatments). Or, you could recycle them after shredding them, so they can make toilet paper out of them.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Ripping them up before putting in the recycling was very therapeutic.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

If you weren't so far away i know someone that is making youtube video's and really would like a few books instead of reading them on line...

• RR
    RR

I left in 1992 and still have most of my JW stuff. Little by little I scan the books, and then ebay the original.

RR

• brinjen
    brinjen

There is a poster on this board by the name of CandleSurgeon who is after hard copies of JW literature for an upcoming YouTube project...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/180559/1/In-need-of

• carla
    carla

Unless you need to burn them for theraputic purposes, donate them to a cult ministry.

• greenhornet
  • My Struggle
    My Struggle

Unless you need to burn them for theraputic purposes, donate them to a cult ministry.

I agree and on that note you have a PM.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit