"Pay Attention to Yourselves and to all the Flock"

by Cthulhu 20 Replies latest jw friends

• yknot
    yknot

How would it be a copyright violation if you are selling the hardcopy?

Well the book wouldn't be stolen if the WTS forgot to retrieve it from the deceased.....rather just misplaced.

I have seen Illuminator books on Ebay with no issue......

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

Yknot,

Not that the issue would ever be pressed, but when you step down, they ask for it. Therefore, unless you disappear, you have falsely obtained it.

Does anybody have anything written on this?

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Copyright violation? Uhh... then all used book stores would be in violation. It's a used book... you want money for it... put it on ebay.

• Cthulhu
    Cthulhu

Ive thought of it that way Daniel, but most books in used book stores do not have the little "this is congregation property" box on the title page either. Am hoping that isn't too big a deal to the Ebay folks.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Ive thought of it that way Daniel, but most books in used book stores do not have the little "this is congregation property" box on the title page either. Am hoping that isn't too big a deal to the Ebay folks.

Well, then don't post a picture of that page on ebay. This really isn't a big deal... just put it on ebay and see what you get.

• yknot
    yknot

Actually many used bookstores do have 'property of' books........ from churches (hymnals), libraries (discarded books) and schools (textbooks)

Ebay: Unless you are 'reproducing' the book, it shouldn't.

Just curious about the notes again.......did he keep them updated?

Oh and don't forget Craigslist......

• Cthulhu
    Cthulhu

Yknot,

it is a VERY well organized, noted, tabbed, book. This guy was using this book for a long time.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Put it on eBay - you might get a high bid from the WTS to get it back. Or even better - two insiders fighting between themselves to protect it by outbidding each other.

• oompa
    oompa

Welcome CTU......so how long have you been with us, and how did you find us?......and give us your status and some info soon.........oompa

• Cthulhu
    Cthulhu

Ommpa,

I just registered yesterday, so for a day I have been with this particular message board, but I have been fading and, now, inactive, for some time. I am from Michigan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit