Upcoming Study with a Bethel Brother

by PSacramento 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

TD, I agree.

That subject won't be dropped that easily by me.

• steve2
    steve2

A woman turned into a pillar of salt? talking snake? Sounds like one crazy book - what's its title?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Steve2,

There's more dude !

Demons, mass murders, holocaustic events, genocides, divine destruction of whole cities !!!

Its Lord of the rings, but with Hebrews, babylonians, greeks, romans and no trolls, elves or people with hairy feet (though I am not 100% sure about the hairy feet part).

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Well, it has been 3 weeks since the last study and when I left He asked what question I had and I said I would like to ask him about 1914 and not only how they arrive at that date but HOW the arrive at the calculations for getting to and from that date, he said he would get that info and get back to me for our "next session".

Still waiting, LOL !

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    A will be voicing my concern about the "validity" of the name Jehovah, considering itis not the correct name, I will also voice my concern about the over use of the name in the NT.
    In regards to the NWT I will voice my concern about the translations that tend to alter the original meaning of the verses, I will also ask why the change, and inconsistent one at that, of the menaing of "proskeno" (SP?) from worship when it applies to Jesus.
    Any other suggestions?

Ask him why they changed Ps. 35:23 and if there are any NT manuscripts that use the tetragrammaton or however that is spelled.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    Well, it has been 3 weeks since the last study and when I left He asked what question I had and I said I would like to ask him about 1914 and not only how they arrive at that date but HOW the arrive at the calculations for getting to and from that date, he said he would get that info and get back to me for our "next session".

This will break his back on 1914.

http://144000.110mb.com/144000/index.html

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The use of "jehovah" was already discussed and the liberal introduction of it into thr NT was also discussed, but I doubt I will hear form him again, its been more than 3 weeks...

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I just looked up Psalm 35:23 WTF ??

Why did they change it ??

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    I just looked up Psalm 35:23 WTF ??
    Why did they change it ??

Because it weakens their argument with respect to Thomas saying answering Jesus "My Lord and my God." . Here is a thread that has apparently already been pulled.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/181733/1/My-God-and-My-Lord-Ps-35-23-Need-OT-version

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I looked at the verse in hebrew, the words there are Elohim and Adonai not YHWH, inderting YHWH there makse zero sense !!

I mean, they can't pull the NT excuse because the OT is full of the Tetragramaton !!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit