Small Steps

by cantleave 6 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

Just to let you all know how my extremely gradual fade is going. You have to remember that I have spent all my life right in the centre of the congregation, I never missed meetings, except when necessary. My service average has been between 10 -15 hrs per month and I would spend vacations auxillary pioneering. All my family (except father) and most of my wife's family are strong in the troof.

My wife is aware of my feelings and is actually being quite supportive, even though she hasn't said it outright I think she is as sceptical as me. We are very dependant on JW's as I have built my business on the premise that I employ witnesses and most of my clients are JW's too. If I get DF'd or DA I will lose to much - yes they have me by my short and curlies!

With all that in mind I have only attended 3 of the last 9 meetings and haven't actually knocked any doors at all in the last month. More importantly I have cancelled my standing order to the WTS, I still have a small one for the KH - but the way I see it I do use the facilities and have no issue with my friends in the local congo.

I have spoken to the Elders in my congo, I have told them I am having personal issues and this is resulting in me being away. I will be stepping down before the next CO visit, but they don't know that. The timing will be good because it will be a new guy who doesn't know me. I have a very good relationship with the current one, I open up to him too easily, if I step down on his watch I am sure there will be an interrogation, which will result in me saying too much.

It doesn't sound a great deal but I started just about 1 month ago.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Its always a hard thing to do, and I imagine when your a servant its even tougher just for the reason you mention. They

want to know why and try to convince you other wise. You've made a start it will take time....

I really feel for you business wise, I had several jw employee's at one time. Eventually the less and less we went then they also

decided to quit. Which really in the end worked out well. I only hire non jw's now.

h4o

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I wish you success. We are all here to listen if you need to talk.

• sspo
    sspo

I hope you will have a successful fade and your wife will follow you, that would definetely help!

• anewme
    anewme

You are headed for a big change in your life.

Eveything will go fine.

Have confidence in yourself and in your own heart.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I don't know what you do for a living but in this economy I would you would not have too much trouble replacing them if they quit. I wonder if they wouldl be able to find work if they did leave you. Is there anyway you can start looking for new clients outside the Watchtower to replace the Jdub ones that drop you if they do? It looks like you have a pretty good plan to get out of the WT. Be careful, they can turn on you pretty quick once they start viewing you as a apostate.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

I remember another poster a while back said, "There is no wrong way to leave a cult." I think you are doing great. Heaven knows, you seem to be moving faster than moi. But everyone is in a different situation. The most important part is having your mind free...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit