Judge Rutherford Cadillac

by possible-san 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

I think youse guyz might be on to sumpthin...that middle Caddie has a split window...white sidewalls...looks like three diff cars to me...maybe he was just being drivin by someone else in the first one.

-BONEZZ

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Or, perhaps since they were gifts he got new ones once in awhile?

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Bonezz the first one was most likely the one used in Brooklyn New York the other one or ones were kept at the Beth Sarim

mansion in San Diego. The split window your referring to on the latter ones were part of the design of that model year,

they were called V shaped. Whats unusual about these two separate pictures is the cars are identical except

one looks like a two door and the other one does not. As I mentioned previously the picture may have gone through some processing

and squished the sides together, making one car look alot shorter.

It still puzzles me to this day if the JWS knew or not of Rutherford living in at that time a very luxurious mansion ,

driving super expensive Cadillacs, traveling with assistants and living the good life when most people back in the 1930s

were desperately impoverished and not doing so well. I 'm guessing not if JR was smart , he most likely knew of the consequences

that would have occurred. Sly like a crooked lawyer you could assume.

Yes Beth Sarim was indeed a house of the princes, but the only prince that was living there was Rutherford himself.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I very much doubt that the car pictured in the 1928 Consolation was a V16.

It probably was a 'Company' car. They would have needed a substantial vehicle for the whiskey run.

Cheers

Chris

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Rutherford for most part, left an observation tale of what a dirty business religion can be.

The WTS. had turned into an exploitive corrupt publishing house, 10 fold from when Russell

governed over it. The crooks and religion are still doing well to this day, there is no truth in advertising laws

when it comes to religion, no labor laws for full time workers, no financial regulations if any and no taxes ,

and glorious amounts of power to be had, its no wonder then that crooks are attracted to it

• Farkel
    Farkel

:It still puzzles me to this day if the JWS knew or not of Rutherford living in at that time a very luxurious mansion

One WTS in Rutherford's day stated that a "small plot of land" was purchased to build the home. That is technically true. It only takes a small plot of land for a home, even a 5,175 square foot two story home like Beth Sarim.

What the WTS did NOT say was that 100 ACRES were also purchased which surrounded the home. This acreage spanned a huge canyon and included a ton of land on the other side of that canyon.

Farkel

• JWoods
    JWoods

The two-door car in the second picture does have the split or V-shaped front window. This indeed could have been a V-16 but what with the body style, the laundalet bars on the folding top, and that windshield it would have necessarily been a quite rare car. This one might actually be traceable in the classic market today just by that grainy picture. However, it should be noted that there was also a V-12 model of that era; one of those with a similar body to the roadster (but not IIRC, witht he split front window) is up for auction this September along with a big V-16 town car. One way to identify the V-16 cars is that there are 5 visible air duct doors on the sides of the hood ahead of the fender mounted spare tires - but those photos are so grainy that I can't really tell.

I am going to have to say that the first car is certainly NOT a V-16, but does appear to be a V8 Cadillac of the era. Still looking, I kind of have hopes that somebody on my car sites may recognize the roadster.

As to value, these (even the 16s) are kind of having a hard time now. One of the 16 cylinder cars got bid up to about 175,000 in a recent auction and did not make the reserve, so remained unsold. Reserve was thought to be about 200K.

As a matter of interest as to value - in that same auction the actual 1928 Rolls-Royce that was driven by Robert Redford in the movie The Great Gatsby (and which had been restored within about 10 years back) only sold for about $275,000.

As for the morality of styling around in this kind of iron while everybody else was slogging through the dustbowl, perhaps our con-man Judge (or was it his predecessor?) was right: Religion is a snare and a racket.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

He was pampered and we all know it. Whatever values are placed is irrelevent. He did whatever he wanted whenever he wanted. A drunken idiot running an idiot organization. Where are u Renaii to defend the idiots?

• possible-san
    possible-san

Thanks,
    JWoods, Farkel, The Almighty Homer,
    Black Sheep, BONEZZ, cabasilas, wha happened?.

Rutherford called members "JW" in 1931, and he forced "field service."
    And didn't he need much more members (a great crowd) in 1935 because he needed money more?
    (It was the "Great Depression" then.
    And the "unemployment rate" in the United States was "25 percent" then.)

Is this a "swindle"?

possible
    http://godpresencewithin.web.fc2.com/

• possible-san
    possible-san

In this video, it is explained as follows.

"Rutherford lived this lavish lifestyle during The Great Depression, when the majority of people were quite poor."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH0664pH_a0&fmt=18

I think that this is an inexcusable thing.

Is this "God's organization"?
    I think that almost all people say "NO!".

possible

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit